-7-

She never put Wrench down until they were safely at HQ. She then laid him on the futon. He groaned in pain. "Sorry, hold on." She said getting the first aid kit. She knelt next to him and opened the kit on the floor. "Do you have any open wounds?" She asked, trying to distract herself. "Ugh, no. But maybe a few broken ribs." He mumbled. She pulled up his shirt to see the damage, he flinched. She did too, once she saw the damage. "Shit." She mumbled her nimble finger set to work, patching him up the best she could. "Its a good thing I was taught first aid." She mumbled. Once she was done she sat next to him eerily still. She was trying not to burst into tears, she was overwhelmed. The desert of her emotions was flooded with an ocean. The worry and fear was overwhelming. A single tear slipped from her eye. She had never cried in her life. "Don't you ever fucking do that again." She said her voice cracking. "I won't, if I have a choice." He jokes to try and cheer her up. She grabs his hand squeezeing it. "You don't understand I-I..." She started but stopped herself. Its too soon she scolded herself. A tear slipped from her other eye. "I-I..." He started, for the same reason she did. He squeezed her hand too. "I was so scared, then you came to save me. I was horrified for a second when you entered the room covered in blood, I thought you were injured." He said seriously. "I could have been, for all I cared. I was way to concerned about you to think for myself." She said honestly. "Anyway I should go, so you can get some sleep." She said as she started to stand. He held her hand tighter. "Can you stay." He asked quietly. "Sure, but your going to have to move over I'm not sleeping on the floor." She says softly. When it comes to him, she can't seem to say no. He shifts over and she lays down next to him. After about ten minutes he fell asleep. Tala however wasn't tired at all her her mind was raceing. Why would Wrench want her to lay down when she was litteraly dripping with blood? Was it normal for this to happen? Why can't she fall asleep? Her thoughts were interrupted when an arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer to Wrench. She tensed, then relaxed. He was still asleep, and probably unaware he was doing it. A few minutes passed. Suddenly he held her tighter and whimpered. She moved to face him. "Wrench?" She whispered. He didn't respond, he was still asleep. She moves closer to him. "Wrench?" She asks, shaking his shoulder. He gasps, while wakeing up. "Tala?" He whimpered. "I'm here Wrench." She whispered as she placed her hand on the side of this head. "Was it a nightmare?" She asked quietly. He just nodded. "It's okay your safe." She whispered. He wanted to retort saying 'not in my own head' but then he would have to explain some things he would rather forget. "Thank you." He whispered. "For you, anything." She says smiling. "Tala, what are you planning to do in the future" He asks suddenly. "I don't know." She answers simply. "Whatever you do, can we keep in touch?" He asks quietly, afraid of the response. "Wrench, I didn't just kick the shit out of thirty six people, just to let you go." She says seriously. "Wait, thirty six people?" He says shocked. "Give or take." She says shrugging. "That would have been cool to watch!" He says smiling, happy for the distraction. "I'm sure they recorded it, but there is a lot of blood and violence." Tala says. "Wow, I wouldn't have guessed." Wrench says sarcastically. She rolled her eyes. "I guess your feeling better, because you're being a smart ass again." She said with a smile. "You know it!" He said winking. "Come on, let's get up and clean this place. Everything is covered in blood." Tala said as she got up from the futon. "After we clean this place up, I'm going to have to go to the apartment to take a shower and change." She said. "Wait, are you waterproof?" Wrench asked concerned, as he stood up too. "Yeah, put I can't go too deep, the pressure can cause water to leak in and some of my internal mechanics can get fried." She said as she got out a mop and bucket to clean the floors. She hated talking about how different she was. Wrench on the other hand was slightly turned on by it, although he would never admit it. He has always had a weird relationship with technology. She mopped the floors while he took the cushions off the futon. He figured he would have to buy new ones these were destroyed. After Tala was done mopping the floor she sat down at the table with a damp washcloth and a washtub took off her sweatshirt and started wipeing down her wings. She had to take each feather out individually to clean them and it would probably take hours. She wished a shower would fix it, But she knew that the blood wouldn't come out of the cracks. Wrench walked over. "Do you need help?" He asked as he sits down. "Yes please. Its hard to reach the smaller feathers, the ones closest to my back" She says as she turns around. He starts working, and he had ample time to admire her back and the wings. They were miracles of science. As they worked they talked. "So how did you get caught anyway?" Tala asks after awhile. "I was out getting coffee when they jumped me." He explains. "So how did you react then you found out." Wrench asks. "I was so mad, I couldn't think strait. We were told that if I turned myself in they would let me go. I was ready to leave too, but the team stopped me. I was so pissed I used my wings as huge blades, even though I knew about the cleanup." Tala confessed. After only about an hour they were clean. She stood up and grabbed an extra sweatshirt from her locker and put it on. Just then the rest of the group rushed in the door. "Are you guys okay?" Sitara yelles as she rushes down the stairs. "Yeah." Tala answers "I'm going to head out to the apartment, to change and take a shower." Tala says as she starts to head for the door. "I can drive you, I have to drive to my place anyway." Wrench said stopping her. "Alright." she says with a smile. "Were going to take the motorcycle." He said walkimg past her. "Sounds fun." She said while following him. "Uh are you sure you should go out alone?" Josh asked. "You can try to stop them." Marcus cuts in. "See, he get it." Wrench says smileing. "Bye guys!" Tala says while following Wrench out the door. Once outside the walked up to a parked motorcycle. He hopped on she sat behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He started the bike, and they were off. Her hair billowed out behind her as they drove on. It felt like flying together except she was sitting and she had her eyes closed. The thing that stayed the same however, was her arms were wrapped around the person who meant the most to her. Soon they were at her apartment she got off. "Thanks for the ride." She says with a smile. "No problem." He calls after her. Once inside the apartment she digs out a new outfit from her dresser. She brings it to the bathroom and places it on the counter. She strips down, putting her cloths in the hamper. She steps into the shower, and turns on the water. It streams down her body. The water splatters her face, and closed eyes. She grabs the shampoo, and massages it into her sclap. She rinses her hair, then palmed the conditioner in. She then used bodywash to scrub off the remaining blood. After she was clean she turned off the water and stepped out. She grabbed a towel and dryed her body down, she left her hair to air dry. She changed into her clothes and went to her room to take a nap. Her dreams overtake her.
Wrench sits down on the futon next to me. He turns to look at me. He places his right hand on your left cheek, caressing it softly."Tala, I love you."  He says as he removes his mask. "I love you too." I say back. He leans in slowly connecting our lips. It starts sweet, but gets heated fast. Our lips moving in sync. "Wrench" I moan softly against his lips. "Tala?"
Sitaras voice snaps her out of her dream. "Ugh what?" She says sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "Sorry to ruin your wet dream, but Wrench is here to see you, so if you play your cards right it may actually happen in really life." Sitara said with a laugh. "What?!?" Tala yells, falling off the bed.

A/N JAJAJA I'm sorry you had to read that Emilion! (That's my friend who forced me to publish this) Changing the story so Sitara woke her up was a little last minute. I was originally going to have Wrench be the one to see her XD. If this book was going to have smut then I would have. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (I'm trash)