Chapter 7: A Metal Hope Meets A Metal Dread

Sam's POV

"God...what happened" I thought, my thoughts being sluggish and groggy. When I awoke I was slumped over in a chair, thinking perhaps it had been one hell of a night with Ashley, till I tried to stretch, being restrained by ropes, "Oh fuck Josh!" My thoughts collided with each other as I started to panic, wrestling against my restraints. My anxiety was soaring, as I slumped back in the chair, giving up quickly. I closed my eyes, and tried to calm myself, counting and taking deep breaths. It was no use though, as I started to relieve the events that happened on Blackwood Pines.

My body started to shake, I begin again to wrestle against the ropes, my body going into spasms as I started to begin blacking out. I then heard a SNAP! "It sounds like the rope broke!?" I questioned in my head, my question was than answered as I watch the ropes fall. I wondered what it cut it, as I stood up quickly, my panic attack fading away as I had been freed of my restraints. I brought my hands in front of me, flexing my wrists, as the charm bracelet Ashley has gotten me, jingled. "That must of cut it" I thought, peering at the sharp clip on the silver bracelet. "I would've thought Josh would have taken off the bracelet...was there a reason he left it on?" I questioned to myself "He's intelligent and plans ahead, a dangerous opponent.." I started to get a sense of dread coursing through my veins, knowing that there was a reason he had left it on. That's not what frightened me, what frightened me is why. What is the end game, this plan, he's concocting in that sick, twisted, beautiful mind.

I remembered the fear, yet excitement and hope that flowed through my body when I had found out Josh wasn't dead from Ashley. The fear coming from the morbid events that had happened on Blackwood Pines and than the hope from the past memories of Josh, staying at the Washington's family home, with Beth for sleepovers, pranking Josh and trying to talk Hannah out of her crush on Mike.

Those were such good times.

Those good times are gone though, and I don't think anything could bring them back. 

"Still though, why would Josh basically give me the key to escaping" I thought still in fear of what the deranged man's plans could be. "Ok, Sam, cryptic thinking later, escape first". 

I calmed myself and looked around the room, and at which appeared to be my own garage. I looked around and saw the small ash tray, that Ashley had thrifted for, as a 'I'm sorry I gave you a love bite before you had to go to work and you got in trouble' gift. "Why would he tie me up at my own house?" I asked myself. I walked around, to grab something to defend myself with. I found the handle of the small axe, Ash and I had found in the woods, about a week ago. I pulled the axe out of it's odd hiding spot, and dropped it in horror.

 The axe blade was dripping in fresh blood.

I took a few steps back, my thoughts once more racing, along with the beating of my heart. 

I hesitantly took the axe, and looked it over, I found a small carving in the handle of axe which read:

"JW is coming for you"

I let out an inhumanly sound and gulped back all my fears, as I opened the garage door into the small mudroom. I looked around, spotting a pair of muddy workboots that I didn't remember me or Ashley owning. I ventured onwards and instantly stopped. I saw him.

There Josh was. In my living room. Sitting on my couch, watching TV.

He hadn't noticed me yet. His gaze was fixed on the TV. I slowed my breathing and tried to think of a stealthy way to sneak up on him. 

"Sam, come sit with me, and watch the Food Channel like we always used to." 

AN: OHMYGOD. I am finally back! Sorry its been so hectic and crazy in my life, lovelife, and etc. I am back, and I will hope to keep up with regular updates. I have a few Instagrams if anyone wants to follow me. Personal: just.a.simple.fox, Life Is Strange RP: victoriaxhellaxchase, Art Account (Photography, literature, etc.): eunoia.arts.