Chapter 8: Instant Confusion

Chris POV

My breathing took about 10 minutes to finally calm down after I had broken down. The gang took me to my apartment.

"His Christopher...what does he mean"

My memories were drifting, but there was this one chosen memory, that seemed to cling in the raging sea called my mind. 

~Flashback~

"Ah!" I yelped and fell off Josh's bed, as the sudden flash of light in my face had scared me. I crashed on the floor in a tangle of blankets. I heard laughing, coming from a certain douchebag.

"Not funny, Josh! You scared me, ya actual fuccboi!" I exclaimed angrily at Josh, from the floor, looking up at him.

"It was funny because I scared you, now relax, Cochise." Josh spoke with a playful manner, as he outstretched his hand for me to grab. I grabbed his hand, and he pulled me off the floor, and onto my feet. The tangle of blankets, however , caught my feet, making me trip up and fall on top of Josh, bringing him down onto the floor now. 

"Hey, it looks like you are falling for me, huh" Josh exclaimed with a slight red dust blooming over his cheeks. 

"As if" I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Then why are you still on top of me, Christopher?" Josh asked, smirking.

I blushed, quickly realizing I was still lying on top of Josh, my head practically laying on his chest. 

"No homo?" I suggested, my face going to deep scarlet shades, but even through my embarassment, I still decided I...like laying on top of Josh. He was sturdy built and quite warm.

Josh laughed, and with a mischievous twinkle in his cascading brown eyes, he pulled the instant camera out and snapped a quick photo.

"Yes homo!" He quickly exclaimed, while laughing and pulling me up to my feet along with himself, he quickly pecked my cheek.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, babe." He said nonchalantly, walking to his private bathroom.

I was left speechless, breathless, and blushing by the sudden events that occurred.

 ~ End of flashback~

"Heh, it was so weird that day, he came back and pretended none of that had even happened..."  I reminisced, my thoughts drifted around.

That was the only time Joshua Washington had ever shown affection to me, and showed an interest,

Of course it was before the death of the twins.

Their death had left Joshua numb.

He was already dealing with enough pressure from his parents at the time, and something else, he had been hiding from me.

It was like he was dam, and the stress was water. They were equal forces that balanced each other out.

The death of his sisters, was like a winter's cold frost. It froze over Josh, the dam, and it broke him. It even freezed the rushing stress, turning Joshua Washington, numb.

When he had invited us back to that mountain and had acted actually happy and excitable, I thought maybe, just maybe, he was finally starting to move on, and recollect himself.

Now he's just become more distant from his old self...

Yet...

I'm still falling for him.

A/N:

Hey, so I really needed some climbing class fluffy goodness, so that flashback was improvised, and I thought we all needed some Chris, thought time. So bam! Here it is, I'm starting to get a bit of my old motivation back, but majority is still somewhere in space. I'd love if y'all would check out my poetry book (I am Water)!