A Punch of An Act

Chris's POV

After finally calming down, I began to accept my fate.

My fate of being alone forever, the only love I could ever want to receive coming from the hands of a psychopath. A deranged man who goes against all bounds of creation. A broken man.

Thinking of Josh, as someone broken, made me picture him as a victim. A victim to his own song.

Do I tell the others? I can't predict their reaction. Would it be of disgust, or sympathy. Surely it would not be of understanding or of happiness. No one would understand me...except for Josh.

I tried to shake the thoughts from my brain. I made up my resolution. I will not tell any of them my feelings for Josh. I can't trust the outcome of that reckless decision.

I walked out of my apartment complex so the group and I could go and find Sam, but fate's unpredictable hammer had swung.

They were gone.

In replace of them, was a tall, baseball cap wearing man. I knew this man's name. 

His name was Josh.

Mike's POV

We had been waiting outside of Chris's apartment complex, for at least 30 fucking minutes, like good grief, is he getting wasted? If so, why didn't he invite me?

"Y'know, if we wait out here for another 5 minutes, I think I could actually become a tree" I whisper to Jess, whose head was on my shoulder. 

She managed a slight giggle. 

"There's that giggle I love to hear" Emily cooed at Jess.

"Don't tease me, thot" Jess shot at Emily, before going over there to talk more with her.

I looked over at Matt, who was smiling at the interaction between the girls, well more like our girls. 

Ashley came over to me, a serious look in her eye. I could tell she was stressed that Chris was taking up time that could be spent finding Sam.

"Before you start, Sam is a fighter, you know that. She could take a whole army of special agents for fuck sakes." I joked at Ashley, in an attempt to try to ease the situation. 

I wish I hadn't made that joke, as the Universe apparently loves to fuck me over. 

By this time it was night, and the air was cool. Barely any people were on the streets.

A van pulled up just as Ashley was about to probably send a witty retort at me. There about five men clambered out. They were wearing all black suits, and had on sunglasses. They looked like the agents from Men in Black.

I stared at them, as they marched towards us, then stopped about a foot away.

"Is there a problem, sir?" I asked one of the men.

That is one the Universe flipped me off, and I was punched in the face.

As I hit the ground I heard Matt yelling, the girls screaming, and skin on skin.

I groaned and picked myself up so I could face my attackers. Just as I got up, I felt sharp pinch in my neck, and I dropped back to ground as my vision went completely black.

Sam's POV

"Josh, are those men looking for you right now?" I asked, scared of what the answer will be.

"Yes" Josh answered gravely, his head down.

I thought of my darling red-head, and how her safety could be in danger.

"Are we in danger, Josh?" I asked, but I could already tell by his demeanor the answer.

Just as the question left my lips, my front door was kicked in and five men came through my door. Josh jumped up, but two men grabbed him and injected him with a needle. He fell limp.

"Josh!" I screamed out for him, as I delivered a blow to one of the men's face. I jetted to my kitchen to grab a knife from out knife block, but one of the men tackled. My head hit into the kitchen counter. My vision blurred. 

I screamed for help, as I continued to fight off my attacker. I saw a silver object in his hand. I had been pricked enough for today. I managed to punch my attacker in the face and get on my feet. I got to the knife block, but as I turned for a second to grab the butcher blade, I felt a similar prick.

I fell backwards, as my vision went from blurred to blackened.

??? POV

Oh, how amusing it was to watch Samantha run.

I wondered if it had entertained Joshua more than manipulating me to help him with such a theatrical plan.

It probably had, as Joshua did not have to try hard to get me to do his bidding unlike his devil of a father. 

Mr. Washington was, to sum it up, in one word, a prick.

Joshua actually had redeeming qualities. He was grateful for all he was given and used his talents accordingly.

He was excellent in all context of the word. 

Josh's POV

I stood there on the dark street, just trying to imagine the shock of everyone when the agents came.

It would have been delightful to watch.

Hopefully the surprised look on my love's face will bring me as much delight as that act would have.

I saw Chris in the lobby of the complex through the glass doors. 

He looked shocked when he looked out and didn't the group, hopefully my appearance will bring his frown upside down. 

He walked outside and just stared at me, mouth agape.

"Just take a picture, it last longer" I started the usual joke, "than again, you haven't had me in bed yet to see how long I last" I continued, "Don't worry we can change that" I delivered the punch line.