Chapter 9: Cinema Kid

Josh's POV

I heard some shuffling in the garage

"Ah, Sam must be awake!" I thought, starting to get giddy. 'Till I realized a fatal flaw in my plan. 

"She woke up in an hour...the drugs he provided are supposed to keep her knocked out for 2 hours!". My thoughts were now beginning to get panicky. 

"It's alright, Josh. After this, you'll go talk to him...there has to be an explanation." I calmed myself down, and waited for Sam to walk through the garage door.

I heard the door creak open, and footsteps turning the corner.

I heard a sharp intake of breath coming from the blonde haired woman, only about a yard away from me. 

  "Sam, come sit with me, and watch the Food Channel like we always used to. "  I said those seemingly innocent words with a sort of insane giddiness. 

I know how to put on a show.

Sam looked mortified. Her skin was snow white, and her usual twinkling hazel eyes, looked dim and hopeless.

"J-Josh...what are you...GET OUT" Sam's small shaking voice, went to a full blown shriek. Sam launched herself at me, I rolled away, off the couch. 

"Sam calm down." I motioned by hands at her. "Alright, calm down, sit down. I don't want to hurt you." I assured her. 

She just froze, and wilted down onto the couch.

"Sam, this is going to be hard for you to hear..." I started.

??? POV

I watched the interaction between Joshua and Samantha on the monitor.

"Hm. So he wants to play his game that way? Maybe some progress has been made since the incident." I thought with slight pride.

I stared down at Joshua Washington's file. It seemed just like yesterday when I had walked into my office and received my new patient.

He's much like his father, except far more twisted. 

He enjoys the acting, the theatrics. I always thought cinephilia was just another one of the 1,000 one time case, type of words, that we had to make up, because we must put a label. 

But this boy. He lives with life with theatrics.

I never thought I could ever see a romantic horror movie quite like this one.

A/N: So, who do y'all think is this new character?