I'm Sorry

"I can't believe you got sent to a boys home!" I say laughing loudly. "I bet John was pissed."

"I don't know if I wanna' be a hunter anymore." He mumbles, staring up at the stars.

I sigh, knowing something had happened to him while he was there. Not hunting was never an option to dean before, but something had changed his mind.

"What was it? A girl?" I ask softly, rubbing my hand up and down his arm.

He looks at me, almost guilty. "I'm sorry." He whispers, wrapping his arms around my waist. He buries his face in the crook of my neck and I can feel his tears drip onto my skin.

"I'm not mad at you." I say gently, tangling my fingers in his hair. "Dean, we're not together. We never were. We can't be and you know that."

My breath get caught in my throats for moment when I hear a soft sob escape his lips.

"Because of my dad. Because we're hunters. What if weren't? We don't have to do this." He explains in between deep breaths.

"You like to hunt."

"I like you more."

I pull out of his embrace and place a hand on each side of his face, forcing him to look at me. His green eyes are full of tears, his face a bright red. His skin feels warm to the touch despite it being so cold outside.

"Would you have stayed? If I didn't come, would you have stayed?" I question.

He hesitates a moment before answering. "No. I couldn't just leave Sam like that, or bail on dad."

"Then you won't stop hunting." I say simply, taking my hands away from his face.

He stares down at his feet. Unsure of what to say, he mutters a simple "I'm sorry."