I Love You

"Why don't you and Dean just date each other already?" Sam asks from the back seat of the Impala.

"Sam..." I warn.

"What?" He asks, annoyed at my lack of answers.

"We hardly ever see each other."

"Yeah, but when you come around his whole face lights up. He's a lot nicer too."

"Who?" I jump slightly at the sound of Deans voice. He slides into the backseat next to Sam, while John gets in the drivers seat.

"No one." Sam says plainly, as we drive through the small town.

"So? Where're we going?" I ask, turning towards John.

"Montana."

I glance at Dean through the rearview mirror. He looks up a me and smiles sweetly.

We drive for hours before stopping at some run-down motel. I step out of the car, taking a deep breath.

"Alice, go on a walk with me?" Dean demands more than asks.

I nod, before taking his hand in mine. We walk side by side, not speaking for a while before Dean finally breaks the silence.

"You're still wearing my shirt?"

I glance down at the old t-shirt tucked into my jeans.

"Yeah." I answer plainly, shrugging my shoulders.

"I heard you and Sam earlier. You're lucky Dad didn't. He would kill us both."

"It's not like we had sex."

"No, but we share a bed. Dad would never let that happen if he thought I saw you as anything other than a sister."

"Do you?" I ask, raising my voice slightly.

"Alice, you started hunting with Dad when we were what? Seven? I've always wanted to protect you. Then we grew up and I realized you meant a lot more to me than any of these other girls that I hook up with. I love you."

"I love you." I whisper, wrapping my arms around his neck.