An Apology

Lisanna stares at me through the blurry glass with those warm, empty eyes of hers. She doesn't think I can see her. I sit at my work desk that I rarely come to and file through photos. No, no, no, yes! I find the perfect photo to go with an article that Lisanna instructed to be written today. I get up from my desk and stroll right into her office.

"Why do you have that weird look on your face Natsu?" She asks me, one eyebrow up. My face is glowing and has been since yesterday. Guildarts finally has faith in me with relationships and I am with Lucy now. So that's why I can't wipe the smile off of my face.

"Oh, nothing." Her suspicion doesn't let up.

I put the photo on her desk and she picks it up. "This was for that article for the paper that Gajeel Redfox was rewriting today." I explain. While she examines it, I observe her. Way to much makeup. Shiny white teeth. Dyed white hair. Completely unnatural in any way possible.

"Its absolutely stunning Natsu. The most gorgeous thing I've looked at all day." Flirting with me...again because its a picture of a goddamn trash can. "Heh heh." I fake laugh at her.

She smiles, big. "Alright well I'm going to leave now." I say awkwardly and exit the room. I sigh, then go down the elevator. I need more pictures. When I get to the bottom, I see a familiar orangish-blonde waiting at the bottom for me.

"Hey Michelle." I say, then smile. She must have come here to give me a talk about Lucy. I think she is her younger sister although the one that gets called older for her two faced personality.

"Hey." She says. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about everything. Its just...my whole life I was taught to hate your family and seeing my sister dating you was too much." I nod. Understanding what she is saying. "And then seeing her so happy changed something in me." She stops, then looks me in the eyes. "I guess I wanted to tell you that I'm okay with you and my sis and you're welcome in HL (Heartfelt Lemonade) anytime." She smiles. "Can I have free coupons?!" I tease. Michelle rolls her eyes. "Just don't hurt her or I'll kick your butt." She finishes, then walks out the door like nothing happened.

I walk out after her and get drenched in rain because my idiot self forgot an umbrella. But I don't really care. I stroll down the street humming a song that my Mom sung to me when I was little.

Lucy runs over to me. "Natsu! Where's your umbrella?" She questions. "I forgot it." I say casually. She scoffs. "Well here." She lifts her umbrella over my head instead of her own. I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her closer to my chest.

"Natsu!" She is blushing. "What? You're my girlfriend right?" She looks up at me. "That's right I'm your...girlfriend." She says it like it escapes her mind, like it can't be true. "I...love you Natsu." She says it like she means it. "Same." I say, then smirk.

Silence.

"I got a raise today." I tell her as we walk in sync. She grins. "That's good." "I was thinking about buying an apartment." I say. She is surprised. "Wow, big move." "On one condition, you and your sisters are living with me."

LET ME SINCERELY APOLOGIZE EVERYONE!!!

I know what you're thinking, nothing for 2 weeks? Well truth be told, I've been working on a big story that everyone will see in about a month and I had the flu. January...the slow month of sicknesses.

-Everything_Counts