The Race of Pleasure and Tragedy

I run after Juvia, my feet pounding into the Earth. Raspy breaths are heard from our mouths. "Right here!" She screams with all the energy she has left. We enter the alleyway and Juvia's hands bolt for the sewer lid, trying to get it open. Her hands are shaky.

Just like me, Juvia is scared for what will happen to the blonde. I didn't know that she was Lucy's friend until a few weeks ago. It seems like they go way back because of all of the stories that Lucy told me. From playgrounds to nail polish, they were there for one another. I'm almost jealous of their relationship.

We had gotten on the topic whenever Lucy had told me that her little sister had dyed her hair light purplish-blue. I asked her why she had the dye of course, and the response was that Juvia lived with her Grandma and Lucy's family in this big flat.

So that's why I asked her to live with me.

Juvias hands fidget around, trying to pull open the thing. Me and Gray are helping her, but it just won't budge. But all of a sudden, a booming voice rains down on us. "Why in Fiore are you trying to open a sewer lid with your hands?" Asks the Erza-shaped silhouette.

"Can you please help us get this open!?!" Gray asks in a strained voice. Erza stands there, rubbing the tips of her pointer finger and thumb together. "We'll buy you cake!" He adds on, tempting her. But this does more than just tempt Erza. Before you know it, the lid had been flung off by the tip of her shoe.

It was true that I was amazed, but I had to get down there. Darkness was all I could see at the bottom of the metal ladder. I climbed down first, the smell of raw sewage getting stuck in my nostrils. It seemed to go down far until my feet finally met the slimy ground.

I pulled out a flashlight from my pocket that I'd salvaged from my drawer of things and looked around.

There was a clear path that led to darkness directly in front of us, but I couldn't see it yet because of the distance.

_______________()______________

I didn't dare even blink when Lisanna got that smirk on her face. The moment her lips curved to make that evil smile, I started to wonder what would happen. Did Natsu just forget about me and go on with his life? Fear starts to build up inside of me. What's going to happen?!

Lisanna nods her head towards someone.

One of the men, a shorter one with a hood covering his head walks over to me and places duct tape gently on my mouth. I didn't struggle at all because there was something familiar about this one. He reminded me of someone, but that's not important now. When he backed away, all I could see on his face were red marks. They covered one half of his face, parting at his eye. I didn't get a good look though because he immediately went back to staring at the floor.