Rain

Its been a few weeks since we've rescued Lucy. Lisanna is owing a whole lot of time in jail for her crimes, and meanwhile I and everyone I know is headed in the perfect direction. Lucy is still recovering, and Michelle insists that she stays at their flat until Lucy is perfectly healthy. I visit her every single day after my work as the boss of the newspaper company.

We sit on the couch together and drink warm tea and talk about whats going to happen in the future. She likes to look in a furniture catalog and show me all of the different options, then talk about what we want in an apartment. I don't personally have a preference, only if I get to live with her.

"How about this one Natsu?" Lucy points to a brown table, waking up the blue cat in her lap. "Sure! I think it would look good!" Lucy looks over at me. Her chocolate brown eyes shine in the light from the window. And when I stare into her eyes, I know for the first time that it isn't raining. Its sunny...outside. The light illuminates the whole house with its bright shine.

"Luce, look." I point in awe to the sun in the clear blue sky. A smile pulls at the edges of her mouth, then she takes my hand and bolts through the door. No umbrella. No raincoat. Just the gleaming smile on her face and the warm wind surrounding us. We run until we get to a green field in the middle of nowhere.

"There's no more rain!" She shouts, and then we collapse into the grassy ground, laughing. There has been so many things that have kept me from falling in love with this girl. I've had so many doubts and troubles with it. But in the end, it all worked out. Now I'm staring up at the sky for the first time realizing that I want to spend my life with this Heartfelt-Lemonade loving, red umbrella carrying, kidnapped, Heartfelia girl. "I know." I reply. "And lets hope it says that way."

Pink Lemonade