• cнapтer 4 •

a/n: i kind of really hate my school right now because i have a project due tomorrow and a quiz but whatever. i'm in the mood to update so that's what i'm going to do because why not

the next morning there was another dandelion. this time it was back to its white-gray seeds, she smiled as she brought it up to her lips.

rey mumbled the words of her wish before blowing gently at the flower, the seeds blowing out into the sky, carried away gently in the wind.

the dandelions were now a daily occurrence and rey was often fond of their appearance at her doorstep each morning. it was almost like a break, something much more peaceful than worrying about paying rent or dealing with ren's antics.

with a soft smile she dropped the stem onto the floor, the moment coming to a close end.

it was the weekend and rey was quite relieved, the flower shop was closed so that meant no work that day.

with that thought she settled onto the apartment steps. maybe the moment didn't have to end. so with that rey was lost in her thoughts once again. she closed her eyes listening to the sound of her own mind.

the silence was soon interrupted by finn's voice in her ear.

"peanut? peanut? hello?"

she snapped up from her thoughts, her heart skipping a beat after coming face to face with finn.

"finn you scared me! what is it?"

"you see that house across the street?"

"yeah? so?"

"leia lives there and poe gave me something to deliver to her. can you do it?"

"why can't you do it?" rey made a face. "you have legs."

"i know but..." finn struggled to piece together a reason. "i'm busy."

"you're busy? sure."

"look rey, i just want you to deliver it okay?"

"i will after you give me a reason."

"poe said you don't get along with ren and maybe by going over there you can act civil."

"sure whatever," rey snatched the item from his hand. "i don't make promises."

"at least try, for me?"

"sure, i'll try."

she smirked before turning away and walking across the street. when she arrived in front of the house ren was sitting in the front yard. he sat on the porch steps and was holding the same guitar in his arms.

rey stood a few feet away from the house, not yet approaching the door. soon the sound of a song filled her ears.

"here i come, come to you in the very clothes. that i killed, killed you in and now i know i'm alone. i walk to you, rain falls from you. can you wash me, can you drown me? i wanna be a lot of things, so much pent inside of me."

rey continued to listen to the voice, watching as ren effortless strummed at the guitar strings.

"i wanna be stronger, too long i've sat here undecidedly. planning strategy, half of me knows it's all just a fallacy. failing miserably, drastically and and then i crash dramatically. into a wall i've hit a hundred times before and yet i still ignore the bright red bloodstains on the floor...damn it."

ren abruptly stopped strumming before muttering a few words under his breath. he ran his hands through his hair frustrated and mumbled curses under his breath.

"who's the song about?" the question came out before rey could stop it, she then winced clutching the package for leia close to her.

"rey? what are you doing here?"

"i have to give something to your mother."

"she's inside right now."

"oh okay, thanks," rey looked down at her feet for a moment before facing him. "who's the song about though?"

"you heard it?"

"yeah — it's pretty good. something like that ought to be from something emotional and it seemed like you were singing about someone."

"you shouldn't worry about it, it's nothing. just something small i wrote."

"oh."

"yeah...you should probably give that to my mother right now." he beckoned towards the item in her hand.

"yeah, yeah," rey laughed nervously. "i should probably head inside now."

she walked pass him and went to swing the door open. giving him one more glance rey headed inside.

"hello?"

"who is there? ben is that you?"

"no, my name is rey. finn told me to give you something?"

"finn?"

"he's friends with poe and he said poe gave him something to give to you."

"oh okay, come into the living room."

rey nodded and walked into the next room. she met eyes with a woman sitting peacefully on the couch, a small book in her hands.

"hey, um, you must be leia."

"yes, sit down dear," leia beckoned rey over to the seat next to her.

"oh okay —"

leia smiled at her and rey awkwardly handed the papers over.

"here, it's from poe."

she smiled at rey.

"tell poe i said thank you."

rey nodded and and got up from the couch to leave.

"tell my son to come in for lunch if you pass him on the way out."

"okay."

she nodded before heading out the door. when her face met with the open and rey spotted ren sitting back on the porch steps.

"your mother said to come in for lunch."

he nodded, remaining silent. after giving him one last glance, rey went to walk across the street once again,  but before she left she spotted a couple more lyrics written down on the paper next to ren's guitar.

a/n: hopefully you enjoyed this chapter! i have school tomorrow so this is most likely the last update of tonight <3

song used: drown by tyler joseph