Introduction

Having power is not always a good thing. Power, while in the right hands, can be used to create hope, and make things better. It can be a tool of creation. But power can also do the opposite. Power, in the wrong hands, can be used to create a sense of hopelessness, and turn things for the worse. It can be a tool of destruction.

Power is what was granted upon twelve people, who were at the wrong place, at the wrong time...

Whether or not this was a gift or a curse depended on which one of them you asked.

These twelve Youtubers had gained remarkable powers on days that would have otherwise been ordinary, and none of them had expected such change in their lives that would make them unlike any others.

These twelve obtained their powers from a small asteroid that had entered Earth's atmosphere, which had broken into six pieces and landed in different places across the globe.

The first piece crashed in a park in Australia.

The second piece landed in a backyard in Canada.

The third piece crashed through the window of a house in Texas.

The fourth and fifth pieces landed together in a pool in Florida.

The sixth piece, the largest of all of them, fell onto the roof of a car in London.

Upon contact with these pieces, twelve people absorbed the mystical properties of the asteroid, and gained unique powers.

Seven of these people, the first to gain their powers, founded a group known as the Super Sidemen, and patroled the streets of London, fighting crime, righting wrongs... but one day something changed. The leader of the group, Simon Minter, came up with the idea of the group using their powers for their own personal gain, instead of the citizens of London. Most of the other members agreed to this, but Vikram Barn, believing that their actions were wrong, left the group behind their backs, which had become the Sinister Sidemen.

Though these five turned to evil, and one ran away, there were still five asteroid pieces to be found...

... and there were still five heroes to rise. 

(A/N: Yeah I know this is really, really short, but the actual chapters will be a lot longer.)