Chapter Seven: Trust

The first time that Preston donned his superhero persona wasn't even intentional.

He had been walking around late at night for a short walk when he came across what appeared to been a group of drug dealers or the like harassing a young woman. Without even thinking, Preston had rushed in and put a stop to them, his powers making it easy to take them all out.

The woman thanked him endlessly, and promised not to tell anyone about what his powers that she had seen, since he had saved her life.

It was then that Preston realized that his power could be used for good.

He adopted the name Pyrobolt, and from then on, became a crime-fighter.

And he didn't plan on stopping anytime soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Preston loves being a superhero. Really, he does.

But right now, he could really use a break. Because in the two months that he has been crime-fighting, he has been shot multiple times, whacked upside the head with several blunt objects, stabbed, thrown from the tops of buildings and out of windows, shanked... repeatedly, and one time, he was even backed over by a car.

So in short, thank god for his healing powers, or he'd be dead. Very, very dead.

Sure, he could quit, but what would be the point of having superpowers if he wasn't going to use them, right? Someone had to stand up for those who can't protect themselves, and it was going to be him.

But now that Rob was over at his place visiting for a few weeks, Preston finally had a chance to relax. No one was going to miss Pyrobolt for a week or two, right?

Though, Preston was going to have to be careful not to show any kind of powers around Rob while he was over, because Preston may have gotten himself on the news by accident (he didn't notice anyone recording him fight), which also may have been seen by Rob who may have asked Preston about it and Preston definitely said something stupid that pointed to his identity, but to be honest, he really didn't mind too much, more mad at his own stupidity over all else.

Because, to be honest, Preston couldn't wait to tell the Pack about his superpowers.

He knew that superhero identities were supposed to be secret and all, but Preston knew that this wasn't something that he could hide from them. He knew that they would be accepting of him, and he trusted them more than anyone else to keep his secret. But he hasn't told them yet, mostly due to the fact that he didn't know how to tell them. He couldn't just call them all up on Skype and be like "Hey guys, I've got superpowers!" That would be... interesting, but Preston decided that it would be best to tell them all in person.

Besides, it was only two months until the Pack had their winter trip together to Canada. That's when he would tell them.

But Rob was a special case. No matter what, he was the one that Preston was going to tell first. There was no one that Preston trusted more than him. He still wasn't sure if he was going to wait to tell him, or just wind up spilling the beans while Rob was staying over at his place.

And speaking of Rob... he had been acting very strange lately. At least, more than usual. The main example of this was the fact that he was only wearing hoodies or long-sleeved shirts whenever Preston saw him, despite the fact that they were in Texas, or that he would occasionally catch a glimpse of Rob gazing at his right wrist with a weird look on his face, but whenever Preston tried to ask him about it, he would just deflect the question. Preston ended up just not asking anymore, though he was dying to know the reason behind his strange behavior.