A new friend in this new reality

*4 years later

~Kara's POV~

I sat in front of Yuu in class gazing out of the window. There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about them and what if they came back, but I wasn't there.

The teacher cleared his throat.

"Hey! what are you mumbling about over there? If you have something to add let's hear it" It could only be Yuichiro that he is talking to since he has been causing an awful lot of trouble lately. Yuu mumbled something under his breath setting the teacher off.

"You better shape up hayakuya or I'll have you suspended!" He snapped while pointing his chalk in yuu's direction.

"What you can really have me out of here? Thank you so much" He said bowing to the teacher.

"How dare you mock me!" The teacher began throwing a fit with yuu."Sit down and pay attention" Yuu did as told, but I wanted to see how long it would last. He turned around to talk to the girl that sits behind him it was something about reporting him, which caused yuu to have another outburst just as the teacher was writing again.

"What!?" Yuu shouted in front of the class. The teacher again started throwing a fit.

"You've got to be kidding!" Yuu continued to shout over the teacher.

"Let me finish or you'll be sent the principles office"

"start cooperating" The girl with the violet bow in her hair said just as yuu sat down in his seat. They began discussing other matters, but I didn't pay any attention. Class had ended and everyone talked about getting ice cream or going to get food together, but yuu and I remained silent.

"You two missed a golden opportunity to make new friends" The girl with violet bow started. Then continuously started ranting on about why was Yuu lonely all the time just as they got into a small argument he told her to shut up and be useful with her mouth.

She handed him a note from Gurren he began reading it aloud:

Cherry boys who can't make friend or a girlfriend don't belong in our army. Make one and introduce them to me, but of course I'm not going to hold my breath.

Yuu had a tantrum then he stormed out downstairs.

"Stop following me" He said to the purple headed girl who followed us wherever we went. Before anyone could say anything there was a boy who was getting pushed around and being yuu he turned away.

"Im disappointed if you keep turning your back you won't make any friends" She said, Yuu dropped his things stepping up to the bullies.

"What you wanna fight?" The guy i'm guessing was their play boy leader.

"I forgot to mention fighting will get you suspended" She said smiling.

He was shocked, but too shocked he couldn't dodge the punch that landed right on his face.

After that minor impact we helped the boy whose name is Yoichi carry his belongings. I however pitched in carrying a can of soda. They were talking about the bullies for a bit, but Yoichi changed the subject to when he was younger a vampire had killed his sister as he remained under the bed watching horridly as her limp body fell to the floor. The reason he wants to join the Moon Demon Company.

"Don't join the army we have to kill vampires not feed them a wimp like you only get in the way" Yuu explained to him.

Just as that was over there was a sudden blinding flash followed by a muffled roar causing people to scatter around screaming. The speakers came on along with the sirens:

'Everyone get to safety a vampire escaped. I repeat get to safety'

"I'll call the army" The girl who I recently learned her name is Shinoa Hiragi said as she took out her phone and began calling.

Yuu dropped the cans before quickly heading off by himself with me following close behind him. We pushed pass a crowd of people just so Yuu can go and get his katana out a locker then we heard a scream not to far. Heading to investigate we saw the guy from earlier and a pink haired vampire draining a student.

"Its been a long time since I've seen a vampire only this time I'm going to kill you" He said unsheathing his weapon.

"For my family!" He added moving to attack the vampire cutting her arm off.

"Help" The girl managed to speak out.

"Harmonika! Get her to safety you're a soldier aren't you!" Yuu directed.

"No I thought if I told everyone that they'd fear me" He confessed. Quickly I grabbed the girl taking her over to Harmonika demanding he get her to safety.

"Know your place livestock" The pink haired vampire said replacing her arm, then she broke off piece of metal.

"I will not waist my time playing with my food" She said, moving to attack Yuu as he dodges her attacks. He successfully cut her side, but she healed herself, then moved to cut Yuu, who swung his sword at her cutting her chest a bit.

He took out a pistol shooting at her, but she dodge every bullet healing herself yet again.

"There's no way you'll beat me, once I drink her blood I'll be unstoppable" She said, grabbing a hold of me, but before she could Yoichi tackled her just as she was about to attack him, Yuu stopped her with his sword.

"Yoichi thank you, that was brave and impressive of you" I mentioned hugging him.

"That's what friends are for" He claimed.

"I had enough of you human" The vampress grabbed Yuu by the throat running him towards the window throwing them both to the ground.

"Yuu!"

"Hayakuya!"

Yoichi and I both shouted heading down to see if he was ok.

Just in time we see Gurren kill the vampire completely and Yuu unharmed.

"how were you planning on killing her with no enchantment, or were you hoping I'd save your sorry ass" Gurren raised a brow at Yuu.

"Whatever, I had it, I was about to make my move" Yuu said sitting up.

"Well thanks to you two the damage was a minimum and many were saved" Gurren said standing with Moon Demon Squad.

"You see what I can do, so put me on the squad" Yuu suggested getting cocky again.

"No, I hate those who don't know the meaning of teamwork" Gurren said.

"That's ironic coming from someone who can't even sit back on that one" Shinoa chimed in chuckle to herself.

"Sorry did you say something" Gurren said looking at her.

"Nope" She replied.

"Hayakuya! You're alright!" Yoichi hopped over the railing over excited to see Yuu unharmed, but stumbled after loosing balance crashing right into Yuu causing him to hit his head and pass out.

"Whose that?" Gurren asked curiously.

"His friend of course" Shinoa said.

"Hyakuya! Someone call an ambulance!" Yoichi said shaking him. I went over squatting down with my knees to my chest sticking a feather in Yuu's nose hoping he'd wake up.

"Well they made a friend Colonel now it's time you kept your word"

"UH!? Are you kidding me!?" Gurren was shocked by this.
****

We waited alongside Yuu until he awoke, just me, Shinoa, and Yoichi that is.

"MIKA!" He yelled reaching towards the roof.

"Yuu, you're awake" I said as Shinoa placed a uniform on his bed.

"Starting today you, Yuichiro Hayakua, Yoichi Saotome, and Kara are new members of the Moon Demon Company" Shinoa announced.