Failed Attempt

~Yuu's POV

Why am I in a white room that's not my own? Why is Yoichi sleeping at the bottom of my bed?

"Yoichi wake up and explain" Yoichi woke up surprised in a way.

"Yuu you're awake"

"Why am I in a hospital?" I tried to ask, but he was too excited he ignored my question.

"I'll go tell the others" He quickly ran out of the room right before I could stop him. He then poked his head back into the room.

"Why so worried about us?" He cut me off. "You're the one we've been worried about the most" He explained to me that I'd been in a coma for seven days now, which shocked me the most.

"Seven days!" He left me to go tell the others. I was glad to hear no one got hurt. Tears started running down my cheeks and I didn't know why.

"I didn't know you were a crybaby" Shinoa was the one to always tease me. "It's understandable who wouldn't after finding out their family is alive" She continued, reminding me of Mika with the vampires.

"The last thing I remembered was Mika" She explained everything that had happened to me telling me that I was knocked unconscious in the heat of battle and that our mission was a fail. General Kuerto and Shinya came right on time fighting back our enemies.

"You won't like this........He and Kara both taken by the vampires, but it's for the best if she doesn't come back Yuu" I shook my head refusing to listen.

"I won't lose my family again and as for Kara she must come back regardless of what anyone else thinks....GURREN RAISED HER DAMMIT! She can't abandon him just like that" I was angered by the thought of her switching sides just like that.

She's a ....." I cut her off and finished her sentence.

"She's a hybrid so what. She's our friend, She wouldn't betray us"

"She won't fight against her own for long. What if she eventually come to drink human blood" She argued a good point. There was never much information about her or where she came from.

"She's different from what the rumors say"

"She's half vampire, half wolf Yuu I wouldn't be surprised if she chooses them over us" Shinoa says, her perspective was different from all of ours. She thought of many outcomes to many situations, however me being my stubborn self I ignored her not wanting to believe the outcomes of Kara's situation to be true.

"I feel like Gurren has been using her... I feel like he has been using us all" She looked down. I noticed a bandage on her neck. Those filthy blood suckers. "We don't need you going off on your own and raiding the vampire city we need you to recover"

I chuckled at her since it does seem like something I'd do.

"knowing that they're alright is enough for me" I touched the bandage on her neck and stared in disbelief. The door swung open causing me to snap my head as my eyes came into to contact with Mitsuba who stared at us in shock. She quickly rushed over pushing Shinoa over causing a ruckus as she explained to Mitsuba what she was explaining to me.

I could only continue to wonder about Kara and even if she could still be alive. What would they do to her if they found out? Would they kill her or use her against us?

***Days after my recovery***

Back on my feet as the Battle of Nagoya continues yet another mission was appointed to us by Gurren. Claiming to want to test our strengths to see if we can continue by his side since he's complaining that I took too long to recover we may lack the will and strength to continue the war.

Our objective is to rescue a human girl from a blood sucking vampire and bring her back to her family.

~Kara's POV

Still I'm able to taste the freshness of his blood it's by far the best quality of blood I've ever tasted. Still has me in a trans that even I find hard to come back from. The irresistible blood of my mate.

"Hey Kara you're just as dazed as Mika" Lacus tried snapping me out of my thoughts, but just like me it was a failed attempt.

Lacus, Rene, Mika, and I all jumped from the plane able to see an abandoned building in sight.

"He's in there" Rene mentioned heading in the direction of the building. Our mission was to locate and capture the eccentric vampire whom had stolen a little girl for unknown reasons.

Foot steps padded against the top floor and whispers of a male voice and little girl could be heard.

"Shahal we just want to talk to you" There was no response silence filled the air. Mika took it upon himself to go onto the top floor. The smashing of things could be heard as well as a scream. He came back with the little girl held tightly in his arms as she struggled and pounded against him.

"Give her back!" Shahal yelled jumping onto the first floor right before us. Angered and determined he dodge pass us kicking Mika away from the girl before embracing her in his arms.

"Well Mika you could've figured it would set him off" Lacus said as Mika regained his strength before moving to attack Shahal.

"Mika stand down" Trying to get him calm so we could attack together he ignored me already heading straight at him again. Shahal's motivation to protect the girl overpowered Mika's hardheadedness. By the time Mika could strike Shahal pushed the frightened girl behind him knocking Mika's sword out of his hand grabbing him by the throat.

"It's his own fault if he dies" Rene said with little to know emotion. Lacus and Rene sat back watching enjoying Mika's lack of focus during battle.

"Come on Mika, you can kill a horsemen of john in one hit, but you cant hold your own against a low rank vampire" Lacus smirked hoping to boost him up, but that did not seem to work. Shahal pinned him by the throat.

"You idiot!" I yelled out to him. Seeing him raise his blade before Mika. Quickly rushing in front of him blocking his attack with my blade.

"Don't help him if he chooses to die" Lacus cold heartily mentioned.

"Aren't we supposed to capture him, it would be quicker if you two help" Not paying attention to his movement he kicked me in my stomach sending me flying into a nearby wall. Damn I need to be careful before I receive an open wound. I could hear Rene giving orders on ways to approach Shahal.

"are you alright?" He asked as I stood up.

"I'm fine"

"Die!" Mika repeatedly shouted out vigorously swinging at him as well as cutting Lacus off so he couldn't attack, which led to an argument between the two.

Shahal took this opportunity to knock Lacus and Mika out of the way before jumping to where Rene and I were. There wasn't enough time for me to grab my weapon off the ground and block the attack. Rene was too busy making sure I was alright and wasn't paying too much attention to himself.

"Rene watch out!" Without thinking about the consequences my instinct was to push him out the way taking a blade right through my stomach, which gave him the opening to cut me across my stomach leaving an open wound.

His eyes widened as he jumped away from me grabbing the girl and making an exit, even Rene took a step back himself. Looking around I collapsed onto my knees seeing everyone staring at me in disbelief, but as for Mika I could see he felt somewhat guilty. The wound was deep, so it's not going to heal by itself at this point I'd probably die from blood loss.

"I...I" Trying to mumble out the words I'm sorry my vision became blurry, but what would happen to me now. What's even worse is what Rene thinks of me. I didn't even have enough strength to look back at Rene before I blacked out.