Chapter 15

Amelia's POV

The next morning I wake up with a severe migraine. My head feels like it could explode any moment. I sit up on the bed, and grab my head.

"Ugh what the hell did I do last night?" I groan.

"You tell me. I was not the one drunk and singing out loud." Matt comes into my room with a glass in hand. "Here its honey tea. It'll help with the hangover."

"Thanks. I am never drinking again! Why do you drink it when it makes you want to curl up and die the next morning?" I ask Matt and gulp down the honey tea.

Matt chuckles. "Beats me. Why did you drink anyway? I thought you hated alcohol."

A frown takes over my face. Why did I even drink in the first place? All this drama with Lucas is making me do crazy things. I gasp when last night scene replay in my head. "Matt we went home together right? Please tell me it was a dream." I ask, nervousness building up inside me.

"No, Lucas brought you home. I couldn't find you anywhere after you went to talk to him. Did you know how worried I was?" Matt says, concern evident in his voice.

"Oh my god! What have I done?" I cover my face with my hands.

"What do you mean?" Matt asks.

"I kissed Lucas." I grimace. I kissed Lucas. I can't believe it. Well he kissed me first but I kissed him back. How am I gonna face him now?

Matt smiles at me. "Finally!"

"Why are you smiling? This is not supposed to happen!" I groan, as I send a glare towards Matt.

"Well, it was gonna happen sooner or later. He obviously likes you and I know you like him too. Don't you deny it." Matt points his finger at me.

"Matt! You're not helping." I whine.

"Look Ems I kind of like the guy okay. He seems okay I mean he does care for you. He looked really worried last night when I told him I couldn't find you. I think you should give him a chance." Matt says.

I sigh, frowning. "Fine."

"So you gonna go to work today?" He asks getting up from the bed.

"Yeah I should. I mean I have to face Lucas whether I like it or not." I get up from my bed.

"Oh you like him, trust me." Matt stifles his laugh.

"Shut up!" I groan, and hit him with the pillow.

Matt lets out a laugh. "Oh I almost forgot. I'm leaving tomorrow."

"What? I thought you were gonna stay for the whole week." My face immediately falls when I hear him say that. I've had so much fun with him around and it helps with the loneliness. I don't want him to go back.

"Classes had already started Ems. I need atleast 70 percent attendance if I want my degree."

I frown, taking a seat next to him. "I'll miss you Matt. I wish you could stay a bit longer."

"Don't get all sentimental on me now." Matt chuckles. "Go and get dressed. You're gonna be late for work. You don't want your boyfriend waiting now do you?"

I gasp, giving him my best stink eye. "He's not my boyfriend."

Matt just laughs at me seeing my reaction. "We'll see."

I ignore Matt ranting about how I much I like Lucas and head to shower instead. I look myself in the mirror, telling myself that last night was a mistake. I mean I don't hate Lucas but that doesn't mean I like him right? I could blame the alcohol for kissing him back. My heart beats faster as I think back to the kiss, his lips against mine. Maybe I should give him a chance. I splash my face with cold water, "Snap out of it Amelia! You can't be with him." I tell myself in the mirror.