Chapter 17

"Lucas I-" I suck in a breath, "I think we should head down." I manage to finally say, as I grab the hem of his shirt.

"Stay the night with me." Lucas says against my neck as he places a line of kisses along my jaw and down my neck. The sensation is too strong that I can't take it, so I pull him away from me.

"I can't. Matt's leaving tomorrow so I have to drop him off at the airport." I say, my breathing still not slowing down.

"Okay. So I'll come with you to the airport then." He says.

"But you have to work." I pout, knowing how much importance Lucas gives to his work.

"I own the company. I think I can miss a day if I want to." Lucas smirks, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Okay Mr. Anderson." I tease him. "Come on let's go down. I don't want Margaret or anyone to have any ideas." I grimace, furrowing my brows.

Lucas rolls his eyes at me. "We are not done, you hear me?" He teases.

I laugh at his childishness, I open the door and head out. Lucas following right after me. I see that Margaret, Matt and Quinn are already seated at the table. They must have been waiting for us. I tug at my shirt hoping they wouldn't notice any crease on it.

"Oh here they are! Finally! What took so long?" Margaret looks up at the both of us.

I can feel my face becoming hot already. I take a seat beside Matt, while Lucas sits beside Quinn right across from us.

"Yeah what took you guys so long huh?" Matt taps his chin, with a smirk on his face.

I glare at him, stepping on his foot. He yelps but doesn't say anything as he snickers. I ignore him and face Margaret instead.

"We were- No I mean I was we uhm" I start to ramble, unable to form a sentence

"We just reviewed some files from the office, that's all." Lucas saves me from further embarrassing myself. I look at him and mouth him a thank you. He nods his head lightly, with a small smile on his lips. I noticed Quinn smiling at our little interaction but she doesn't say anything.

"You shouldn't have done work at home." Margaret shakes her head lightly. "Okay then let's eat. I hope you enjoy the food."

"Of course! I have missed home cooked food for the past few days." I say.

"Well then help yourself. And you too Matt, there's lots of food to go around." Margaret says as she hands Matt the cornmeal pudding. I have a feeling Margaret has grown fond of Matt. Well that's Matt for you, he can make anyone fall in love with him.

"Yeah I hope you choke on it." Quinn gives her best fake smile to Matt. Or maybe except Quinn.

"Quinn!" Margaret scolds her. I shake my head, laughing at the two of them, they so hate each other.

"Matt dear, don't mind her. She's just being silly." Margaret says to Matt.

"Mom!" Quinn pouts, glaring at Matt. "He threw a cupcake at me!"

"Well I think you look better with cupcake on your face." Matt says. Quinn gasps with a scowl on her face while the rests of us laugh at them.

After dinner, Matt and I say our goodbyes as we head outside. Lucas is waiting for us in the car so I give Margaret one last hug. "Thank you so much for having us here."

"Oh stop thanking me dearie. You're practically family now." Margaret says with am amused expression. I try not to think too much about what she meant by that.