SPECIAL CHAPTER

THE ORIGIN

This world began ten thousand years ago.

Ten thousand years ago, when the world is just an empty shell, an androgynous figure in a white cloak appeared. The Figure is the first creature to ever set foot on the land. For the world to develop, the Figure decided that it must first break. So, the world shook.

For seven days there were earthquakes, and rain, and flood. The rain turned into hail storms. The flood created the sea. The earthquakes created islands and mountains. And then it stopped.

After seven days, it all stopped.

Plants started to grow, the world's first sign of life. Then the Figure created animal life and other magical creatures. The world is covered by magical elements such as the unending ice of the North. The Figure saw that the world needs tending and that the plants and the animals cannot survive on their own. So, humanity was born.

Humanity took care of the world and it flourishes. There was only a single human civilization in the world and they all lived in harmony. The prosperous civilization started building castles in honor of the figure that created them all.

Until the Figure vanishes.

With the disappearance of the Figure that governs the world, chaos emerged. The once harmonious civilization fell apart. Everyone wants to take over the castles they built. Everyone wants to be the next 'Figure' that rules the world. It was not long when the wars amongst the humans started.

Humanity was divided into five races: The Ice Wizards, the Vampires, the Modars, the Bird Shifters and the Elves. The war lasted for thousands of years. The Figure, who is watching from the heavens, decided to send down a new race. The Enchantresses.

An Enchantress is a beautiful creature in humanoid form. They bear great wisdom and they are tasked to guide the humans. They were sent to stop the wars and bring peace. The Figure communicates to them through chants. Enchantresses relay these messages to the humans in a form of a song, a lullaby. Chants are visions of the future, of what should and would happen. It is both a blessing and a warning for the humans.

With the help of the Enchantresses, the humans finally stopped the wars. They collectively made an agreement. The world was divided into five regions: The North Kingdom, the South Kingdom, the East Kingdom, the West Kingdom, and the Middle Kingdom.

The North belongs to the Ice Wizards, humans that can manipulate ice and the cold weather. Their land is where the sun never shows, always hidden behind the clouds. It is the land of unending ice. The icy mountains that surround the kingdom served as protection from the other races. Their main weapons are purely made of thick ice. They are the strongest worshipper of the Figure and believes that it will return.

The South belongs to the Vampires, blood-thirsty humans that bear incredible strength and speed. The only kingdom dominated by the moon. The sun never rises here. It is the very reason why their skin is sensitive under the sun. They are the only humans that bears immortality and can only face death through burning or decapitation. They are the most loyal from all the races, dedicating their long, immortal life to protect their kingdom.

The West belongs to the Bird Shifters, humans that can turn into any form of winged creatures. The only kingdom that lies on a floating island and, if you're not a Bird Shifter, can only be visited through the use of griffins. It is believed that their kingdom once housed the Nephilims, a half-human, half-angel creature, that went into hiding when everyone wanted to get rid of them.

The East belongs to the Elves, humans of nature. They understand the plants as if it could talk to them. The elven race are great wielders of the bow and arrow. Their kingdom lies on an island, with a large, heavenly tree in the middle. They call it the Divine Tree. Grown by their very first monarch, the tree is their source of life and wisdom. If the tree dies, the race dies with it.

Finally, the Middle belongs to the Modars. The only kingdom that is open for every race, mostly because of its geographical location. Their race is the only race that didn't participate in the previous wars. Modars possess the gem stones, magical gems with unworldly elements, which is why it is headed by Queen Diamond, the humanoid form of the strongest gem of the same name. She later on created her children, naming them under the gem that they will possess. Their race is often called the mixed race. They are humans with unique abilities, believed to be the result of pre-creation between different races.

The division amongst the races brought back the peace they once had. Not until the Dark Side emerges from the darkness.