2. Talks and Respect

Lilia POV

It has been a few hours since Joe left my room when I hear the front door open and close, probably Nick.

A few minutes pass, and then there is a knock on my door. I get up and walk over to it. I open the door, revealing Nick.

"Hey, can I come in?" He asks. I nod in response and open the door enough for him to come in.

"I'm sorry for being disrespectful earlier." I say, sitting down, uncomfortably, on the bed. Nick comes and sits beside me.

"You're forgiven, but you also know better."

"I know, I was mad."

"I'm disappointed." Those words struck me hard, worse than the spanking.

"I'm really sorry and I'll tell Will the next time I see him."

"Good, now, do you want to go downstairs?"

"I don't want to see Joe." I mumble, but he heard me.

"Why not?" He asks.

"After my punishment, he said 'I love you'."

"I don't see the problem."

"I didn't say it back."

"I'm sure he's not mad."

"I know, it's just something dad said."

"What would that be?"

"I asked him why he said I love you after every punishment and he said he's literally inflicting pain to my rear and he knows it hurts so when he's done he wants me to know that he still loves me. Then I started saying I love you too because I wanted him to know that I still love him even though he punished me."

"So you're afraid that Joe will think that you don't love him because you didn't say it?"

"It sounds stupid when you say it like that."

"It's not-

Nick is cut off by the ringtone on my phone. I rush over to it and check the caller I. D., dad. I quickly press the accept button and press the phone to my ear.

"Hey, daddy," I say.

"Hey, trouble." He says, and I can almost hear him smiling through the phone.

"I'm not trouble." I retort.

"Sure, so, how are you liking Cali?"

"It's pretty."

"Are you getting along with your brothers?" I consider lying, but I decide it's better not to... I do not need round two today.

"For the most part," I mumble, playing with my shirt.

"Have you already gotten into trouble?"

"Maybe, a little bit."

"What did you do?"

"I was disrespectful to Joe, Nick, and one of their friends and I might have cursed at Joe."

"Lilia!" My dad scolds, gently through the phone, "You know better."

"I know I do, but Joe handed me my as-butt," I quickly correct myself, "already."

"I hope the lesson stays."

"It will, at least for a while."

"Good, well I just called to check in on you, but I have to go because I have to report to my commander."