-10-

Her voice as clear as glass with a touch of anxiety nodded her head on my question. My eyes widen as I steadily shook my head repeating "no" softly. The two bloody victims eyed in complexity, however, they couldn't care less. I on the other side tried to block the words these neighbors have told me. Sangwoo captured and killed a woman? No, that's false, I know it is! My fingers dug my scalp attempting to cease the spinning of my head. I don't think it's working, for now, my eyes are twitching. 

The horse voice of the man spoke up. "Why are you saying no? It is Sang-whatever his name is!" I darted my eyes at him. Everything now seemed to irritate me. From the incessant shouts of these two victims to the stench of the basement pissed me off. My loose hand curled up into a knuckle. I tightly pushed my nails deeper to my skin. "It's not him! I don't give a fuck who you think it is, but it isn't Sangwoo!" I showed my fist, roaring. The two blinked in surprise. "Don't you ever say his god damn name in this situation because it's not him! My boyfriend would never harm anyone he's the sweetest person alive! I love him so much!" My voice bounced off the basement's damp walls. I gritted my teeth in anger.

"Whoever it is can you at least help us!" The man shook his tied hand/legs which were bruised by the tightness of the rope. My teeth bit my bottom lip as I averted my eyes. "Fine." I breathed. My shaky hands slowly hovered above the rope, however, I was alarmed by a high pitch noise from upstairs. The victims jumped in fear. "Is that him?" Asked the women. "Oh no." I covered my mouth. "My Bulgogi is burning!" Getting back on my feet I ran towards the stairs. I stopped, glancing at the neighbors. "I-I-I'll be right back." My shaky fingers stumbled on closing the basement door and my scrawny legs dashed towards the kitchen which was surrounded by black smoke now. I cursed underneath my breath. 

"Oh no" I sighed, waving the toxic smoke off my face as I walked towards the oven. My heart shattered looking at the burnt vegetables below the lid. With my other hand, I took the lid off exposing what supposed to be delicious Bulgogi. My lips curved down in despair. The high pitch noise coming from a little box up from the ceiling annoyed me now. Walking over to the box I turned it off. Picking up a newspaper, I began chasing away the smoke from the house. "My god damn Bulgogi burning up!" Grumbled I. Setting the paper aside when I finished but the burnt food was another problem. I slammed the food down to the trash can, already pissed with the whole situation. 

My ear twitched hearing the door click. The same sensation from earlier returned. Unlike other days when Sangwoo came back home, today I was stricken with fear. My jaw became loose but my muscles were all tight. Immediately I thought of the innocent victims underneath my feet. The ones I yelled at and didn't help. I could imagine them now slaughtered and disbodied all thanks to me that is. Guilt was visible for now there was no way I could return back. Sangwoo arrived and I felt like my hands were tied. It felt peculiar to respond in such a terrifying way. I lacked affection towards the blonde Korean male. My heart was no longer fluttered by his seductive movements nor did I find Oh Sangwoo attractive anymore. What's wrong with me?

I slightly jumped at the touch of Sangwoo's arm around my waist. "Hey, babe." His voice tickled my ear. I bit my inner cheek. "H-Hi." I managed to say after what I've witnessed earlier. My still body began to easily sweat underneath my skin. I felt a sudden rush of heat causing my sweat. 

Finally, thinking of the victims from below was a sinful pain. I could envision them crying their heart out for freedom. Their poor minds thinking I'll rescue them, meanwhile I'm here carrying the agony. Slowly I began blaming myself for the anger I released at the man or how blindly shook my head at Sangwoo's name. The lifeless women laying on the dark and grungy basement might be stinking the place, suffocating the victims beside her. I sighed.

Sangwoo slipped his arms away. "What happened here?" He began walking closer to the oven. His eyes began discovering the disaster I've made. "Food got burned." My voice vaguely replied. I made no effort to turn to Sangwoo. Instead, I stood like a statue, resting my chin on my chest. 

"Well good thing I bought Chinese takeout!" I heard.

My head snapped back towards the blonde Korean. Food sounded like a pleasure. It'll blind me from my previous encounter in the basement. I hope it does~