UNO - ❝WILD GUESS❞

UNO -  WILD GUESS

As every morning went for Jared, he made his way for the coffee shop on the corner

As every morning went for Jared, he made his way for the coffee shop on the corner. When he was on set, he always went there when in town. His morning routine was always the same. Wake up, take a five-minute shower, brush his teeth and hair, then leave for a morning jog.

Ever since he took his role in Supernatural, he'd done that exact routine. It was rare if he ever were to go away from it. Hell, he was even at the coffee shop around the same time. Just as it opened at seven each morning. He was typically the first customer to step foot into its' threshold.

He had more of a routine planned out than just about everyone he worked with. He sat down in the corner of the shop- the table right beside the window. He always loved to sit there since he got a view of everyone and everything around him. Sometimes, he even got to see the brief rays left of the rising sun.

"Mr. Padalecki." The waitress greeted as she stood at the side of his table, a smile on her lips. He could tell she was tired, probably because it was such an early time. A notepad rested in her hand, a pen poised as though she might write, but he knew it was useless. She knew his order front to back.

"Still calling me that, huh?" He teased, giving the widest grin in return. "It's just Jared, Elyse."

For a moment, the brunette looked taken aback at the fact he still remembered her name. He'd met so many others in his career, yet her name was seemingly etched into his mind. And like she should, Elyse appreciated that.

"Okay, Jared," she began as she rose a single brow in question, flipping a page back in her notepad, "will it be the usual?"

"As always." He nodded his head before she was sent on her way. He was amazed at the fact she was still here, working open to close, after so many years. Of course, it felt like decades since he first stepped foot into the shop, but that was how life worked with its' fleeting tendencies.

Elyse ran the shop with her family, and as far as he knew, she worked every day. He was even amazed that she did so much. Altogether, he was appreciative even if he barely knew the waitress.

As she came back with his order, carefully placing a fresh cup of coffee and a bagel on the table in front of him, she shot him a smile. "Good luck with filming."

"How'd you know?" He leaned back in his chair, looking up at her from his position, his brows raised in teasing inquiry. A soft chuckle slipped passed his lips as Elyse pressed her lips into a thin line. She shrugged her shoulders, the corners of her lips turning upwards as she held in her laughter.

"Wild guess." She joked before running her hands along the fabric of her apron as if dusting them off. "Do you need anything else? Just call me over if you do."

Jared nodded his head in response, gently pulling his chair closer to the table in front of him as she walked away to aide different customers. It didn't take that long for him to finish off his cup of coffee, complete with his bagel.

In thirty minutes or so, he would have to be on set. Luckily for him, the coffee shop wasn't that long of a walk. Maybe a total of ten minutes, possibly less. Jared was certain he could run it if matters ever came to such a thing. He waved Elyse over, asking for the check so that he could be on his way.

He fished out his wallet, pulling out the desired amount before handing it off to the girl. She thanked him, telling him that she would get his change. He waved it off as he stood, claiming it as a tip since it was only a five dollar amount he'd be getting back.

"And Jared?" Elyse called as he began to head out the door, catching his attention as he turned.

"Yeah?" He questioned, stepping away from the door so that he wouldn't be entirely blocking other's from coming inside the shop. Her words made him smile widely, his head ducking.

"It was the beard- it's gone."