DUE - ❝GET YOUR GIRL❞

The day was somewhat long for Elyse– tiring at that

The day was somewhat long for Elyse– tiring at that. The moment her break came around, she found herself in the back, dozing off. Her break was a total of thirty minutes, so she decided to nap for fifteen of those minutes.

The time she had left, she'd use to go out and get herself something to eat. She was slowly beginning to regret taking as many shifts as she did, but she needed it. Only one day was she out. Her relative had passed away, and oddly, that worried Jared when he came in and she wasn't there.

He merely shook his head at first, dismissing it. Until she wasn't there the next day. It worried him because as long as he had known Elyse, she had never missed a day of work. Even when she was sick, she was there. A cold? There. The flu? There. Hell, he could bet that if she were dying, she would be there.

But this, this was odd. And so, he asked the waitress he had. That was foreign for him also. The waitress didn't know his typical order, didn't know him. His teeth sunk into his lower lip, back pressed against the chair in his usual spot. He looked up at the waitress, a glimmer of worry forming in his eyes. "Is Elyse okay?"

The waitress smiled at his worry, nodding her head. "She's fine, her aunt passed away this past weekend, so she's taking off for a few days."

"Do you possibly have a number for her? Address?" He questioned after a long pause of silence, contemplating if he was going to do this or not. However, when he did, he would feel relieved to know she was okay.

"I'll give you her cell. I'm going to get your order real quick, then I'll write it down for you." She explained carefully, tucking her notepad into her apron that was tied around her waist. Jared nodded appreciatively in response, flashing the tiniest bit of a smile before she walked away to make his coffee.

His thoughts were wandering fairly quickly. What would he say? 'Hey, your co-worker gave me your number, hope you don't mind. Wanna go out?' No, that felt wrong, and the fact her aunt just died, wouldn't help that.

He would be there for her. That was it. That was what he would do. He would be there for her as much as he could, which he didn't know how much it would be since he was filming. But he would try until she was as happy as she was before her aunt's passing.

The other waitress, whose name he still hadn't learned, came back. His thoughts met reality once more as she placed his cup in front of him, bagel along with it. She tore a page out of her notepad, Elyse's number scribbled on it in pen. He looked up, after looking over the paper and folding it carefully, placing it in his jacket pocket.

"Thank you. I never did catch your name, what is it?" He asked, brows furrowed for a moment.

"Annalise, and no need to thank me. Get your girl."

x

note: Gif is Annalise's face-claim.