NOVE - ❝ONE TIME❞

NOVE - ❝ONE TIME❞

The trip to a television show set was more exciting than Elyse thought it would be

The trip to a television show set was more exciting than Elyse thought it would be. Even though she wasn't allowed to take part in watching them do their scenes, she was allowed to make friends. In fact, she left the set with the numbers of Jensen and Misha, a man she often associated with monkeys for some odd reason. Anytime the boys had a break, she was sitting in on of those director chairs with them. Other times, she was talking with the helping hands that ran around doing make-up and offering drinks. 

It was the perfect opportunity to clear her mind of that morning and ignore how truly exhausted she was. When the tiredness truly hit, Jared had a car take her back to her apartment. The ride was quiet and awkward as she fiddled with her thumbs. The knowledge of that morning struck her hard as soon as she entered the threshold of her apartment. She had an eery feeling in the pit of her stomach that had settled there as if it built its own nest. Ignoring this, she took it upon herself to take a shower before falling onto her bed and passing out. 

Elyse didn't wake up until her phone began ringing right beside her ear, sending her jumping up in a frantic haze. She answered it with a quiet "hello". 

"Sweetheart, I got an appointment scheduled." Her mother's voice came through. The tiredness she felt before left her entirely as she sat up. Her hand came to rest against her forehead, pushing away stray hairs. "It's this Friday."

"Do I have time to fly out for that?" She questioned with a frown. Elyse had always lived in Vancouver; however, her mother had moved away with her father to the States after they retired and sold the coffee shop off to a separate part of family. Unlike her parents, Elyse stayed behind and kept her job. She didn't have the courage to abandon what she had always known and start a new life somewhere else. 

"Don't you worry, I already booked a flight. It leaves tomorrow night." Her mother's voice was empathetic, knowing what Elyse was already going through with the passing of a family member in the last week. Of course, she kept her voice soft for her daughter in a time like this. 

"Oh, momma." Elyse's voice cracked as her bottom lip trembled, a sadness overcoming her before she shoved it down, holding in the tears that brimmed her eyes. "I need to start packing. I'll call you when I leave for the airport tomorrow." 

The call was ended and her phone dinged a few moments later. An unknown number had sent her a photo, leaving her just slightly more confused than normal. Then, she opened it and she knew exactly who it was. A selfie pulled up on the screen with Jensen holding the phone and a sleeping Jared behind him. Poor Jared was barely in his chair, head leaning back as he slept, mouth open and all. The laughter that left Elyse couldn't be held in. 

The text beneath read, 'What did you do to him?'

Elyse's eyes rolled as she fell back on her bed like a teenage girl that had just received the best news. A grin was inevitably plastered on her face as she quickly typed a response. She added his number to her contact list for future reference before she tucked her phone away. 

'It was a one time thing.'