QUATTRO - ❝I KNOW❞

QUATTRO - I KNOW

It was sometime after six by the time Jared arrived at Elyse's place, apologizing for taking such a long time to arrive as he stood in front of her apartment door, flowers in hand

He held a bouquet of lilies. Lilies were a flower meant for when a person was mourning a loved one. At least that was what the lady who sold them to him said, and so, he took her word for it.

"You didn't have to get those." Elyse whispered as she took the flowers from his outstretched hand. They were absolutely beautiful, and in fact, they reminded her of her aunt. There was a small smile amongst her tired complexion. In the light, he could see how red her eyes had become.

"It's the least I could do." He shook his head, his hands shoving into his pockets as she waved him inside. He closed the door behind him as Elyse wandered off to place the flowers in water.

"Are you hungry?" She asked as she opened the fridge, gesturing towards what little food was in there.

"You always make me coffee, now you wanna cook for me? Rest, I'll cook." He pushed himself away from where he had previously been resting against the counter. Jared placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a smile.

"I don't know about the cooking part because I don't have that much to use for cooking." She chuckled quietly, glancing from the open fridge door before back up to Jared.

"Sandwiches." He nods his head with a grin as she shakes her head playfully. "It's still cooking!"

"Fine." She released the door before she turned her body to wrap her arms around him tightly. "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me." He whispered with a shake of his head as he wrapped his arms back around her, leaning his head on top of hers.

"Yes, I do." Her head nodded against his chest. "You've been good to me. Kinder than most people that's just met me."

"But we didn't just meet. We've known each other for years." He laughed. She pulled away from his body to go to lay down on the couch as she shook her head in a joking manner.

"Don't judge my choice of wording, Mr. Padalecki." She shook a finger at him in a joking manner as she pulled a blanket around her small body. He leaned his hands against the counter as Elyse looked over the back of the couch at him.

"Call me–"

"Jared. I know."