Chapter Eleven| How To Lose Your Mind In Five Months

Sable and Parker need a ship name. What do you guys suggest? 
*Also this chapter is completly unedited because I'm sick and lazy and can't be assed.* 

CHAPTER ELEVEN| HOW TO LOSE YOUR MIND IN FIVE MONTHS

The bed shifts against his weight as he gets out of my bed. My eyes are closed and I try to open them, try to ask him what he’s doing. I can hear him pull his jacket on but I can’t move. It’s like I’m paralyzed. I hear the sound of a pen against paper and  I can’t move, can’t open my eyes, but I can hear every quiet step he makes as he leans over the bed and kiss my forehead, whispering “I’m real sorry, darlin’.” before walking towards my bedroom door. I hear him turn the lock, hear him turn the knob, hear him sigh sadly, hear him walk out. It’s not until he’s gone, the deep rumble of his motor gone, that I open my eyes to the dark, empty room.

 I throw back the blanket and walk over to the window, opening the curtains with an aggressive amount of force that cause the curtain rod to come apart and fall to the floor with a silenced thud. The driveway is empty with the exception of the snow that litters the pavement, just starting to stick. I let the blind cord go, hearing the snap of the blinds falling against the windowsill as I walk to the side table where a tiny slip of white notebook paper sits. Four words are printed neatly against the paper in dark green ink. I grimace, snatching the table from the table and ripping it in half, watching as the pieces falling into the trashcan at my feet.

 He’s gone.

 I leave my bedroom for the kitchen as quietly as he left, sighing.

 Nolan sits at the dining table, a bowl of oatmeal in front of him. He watches me sit down in front of him, the table shaking when my head falls onto it. Nolan, with his spoon halfway to his mouth, raises his brows at me. “What’s up with you? Sleepover didn’t end like you wanted it to?” His voice is filled with malice and sarcasm and I’m in no mood to deal with it. I push my chair out, ready to walk back up to my room when Nolan drops his spoon into his bowl and sighs. “Sable, I was kidding. Come on, don’t go.” I glare at him. His voice isn’t apologetic in the slightest and let my gaze linger on the staircase as he pulls on the hem of my shirt like a child. “I don’t need your shit Nolan. Not now, not today.” I see him nod and while he picks his spoon back up, I sit back in the cold wooden chair, folding my hands in my lap.

 “I went to see dad, yesterday.” Nolan says between spoonfuls of soggy oatmeal. I’m slightly surprised by his admission and I don’t try to hide it. “He looks… old.” I shake my head. “He is old, Nolan.” Nolan shakes his head like I don’t understand. “No, he looks old. Dad has always looked so young, ya know. I don’t know. We talked for hours though, I feel better about everything now that I know.” I give him a curt nod, fiddling with my clammy hands under the table. I wonder if dad said anything about me.

 “He asked about you, said something was wrong the last time you saw him, said you freaked out and left in a hurry. Told me you said mom is cheating.” I feel guilt consume me, wrap around my throat and squeeze. “I had to tell him the truth, Sab. You know how hard that was. To tell him that I was drunk and didn’t know what I was saying. I don’t know why you even believed me.

 It takes a few seconds before his words set in but when they do it’s like a stick of dynamite exploding from within me. My chair flies back into the wall, leaving a dent in the creme colored wallpaper. Nolan’s eyes are as wide as mine but for a completely different reason. I’ve snapped.

 What did you just say?” I yell in his face, my hands balled into tight fist. Nolan tries to lean farther away from me but I grab a fist full of his shirt and pull him to me, making him hit his bowl, oatmeal spilling across the table. “I was drunk, Sable! I didn’t know what I w-” I jerk his collar cutting him off. “Why didn’t you tell me that then? I’ve been hating mom for the past three months because of what you said.” I’m visibly shaking, my hands white knuckled from clenching my fist. “I didn’t think about it.” Each word that comes out of his mouth makes me more angrier than before and I raise my fist to his face, ready to punch that innocent look straight off his face.