Chapter Seventeen| Come Down From The Highest Heights

The song to the side is very important to the story, specifically to Parker. (and its also a reallly good song so) 
Question: Who would you choose to portray Parker, Sable, etc, etc? Let me know!
(btw this chapter is completely unedited but it's 10pm and I'm hungry and watching full house oops)

 Chapter Seventeen| Come Down From The Highest Heights

There was a weight on my chest. On. Off. On. Off. Like someone slamming their hands against me repeatedly. I’m not sure if it was that or the voices that woke me, but the more I came to my senses, the more I wanted to climb off the sand and back into the water.

I burned, everywhere. My ears, my eyes, my throat. It was like I downed a gallon of gasoline and swallowed a match, but nothing compared to the pain in my arm.

“Shit. Shit, oh shit! It was an accident! I swear, man!” The person talking was Tim, his voice high and shaking. The person pressing against my chest stopped and growled, before yelling back.

“How does someone ‘accidently’ fall off a fifteen foot cliff, Tim? Tell me, ‘cause I’d like to fuckin’ know!” The man yells and I can feel their knee graze my arm as they turn back towards me, causing pain to shoot throughout my body. My eyes fly open and I sit up fast, water falling from between my lips as I sputter and cough, hot tears running down my sand covered cheeks.

Tim stands ahead of me, eyes wide and glassy. The person beside me drapes something over my shoulders when I start shaking. I’m breathing heavily, pushing down the scream of pain that scratches the back of my throat, when I notice the jacket. It’s worn in black leather and it smells like autumn and cigarette smoke and it burns me from the inside out because I know who smells like this. I must be dead because there is no way that this is real.

I want to turn my head, confirm it, but I can’t turn my head. I can’t move because I know if I do the pain will be unbearable. So I do the one thing I’ve never been good at.

I speak.

“P-P-Parker?” I sound like I’ve swallowed a bullfrog, but my throat no longer burns, which I take as a good sign.

There’s movement, shadows dancing across the sand, and then he’s there, cupping my cheeks like I’m some fragile doll. His eyes are sad, little green flecks dilating with his pupils, and for the first time I don’t try to find what’s hidden in them, I take them as they are. Sad. He whispers to me as sirens break through the sound of the violent waves that crash against the shore.

“I’m here.” He rubs his thumb across my skin, pushing the sand away, as red and blue lights flash in the distance. Behind him, Tim freaks.

“You called the cops?”

Parker turns, shooting Tim an incredulous glare. “Of course I did, you pushed her off a damn cliff!”

Tim shook his head. “No man. No, I told, she lost her balance and fell.”

Parker stands and walks over to Tim. “And how exactly did she lose her balance?”

“Look, Parker, I don’t know what you saw but I swear to god that I didn’t push her.” Tim, panicking, looks towards the ramp leading to the boardwalk as an officer yells down. Parker responds, his eyes trained on Tim who looks like he’s about to make a run for it. And when Parker looks back at me, he does, kicking sand up as he slips through a gap in the rocks.

Parker stares after him and shakes his head before coming back to my side as the officers and EMT reach the sand and rush over to me, shoving Parker away from me. They start asking questions that I can’t answer because I can’t breath. It’s all too much for me.