Chapter Eighteen| You Make My Heavy Metal Heart Beat

Hey, it's been three months since I've been able to actually write something so I think it's about time I start to close Parker and Sable's story. Hope you all enjoy and please ignore any and all mistakes. 

Also, thank you Sunset for the amazing banner at the side, I love it so much. 

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN| YOU MAKE MY HEAVY METAL HEART BEAT

I woke as the thunder broke, cracking like a whip. Parker watches the rain pelt the patio chairs furiously from beside me, a cigarette burning in the ashtray next to him. The blinds on the open balcony doors whistle as a gust of wind moves through them into the room and, like a scene from a horror movie, blows out the candles spread around Parker’s bare bedroom. The room becomes hazy as the smoke from the candles swirl into the air. It takes another strong gust of wind for Parker to finally sigh and get up, pulling his briefs up his bare skin as he moves across the hardwood floor. He closes the balcony doors and turns back towards the bed.

“It’s bad out there, isn’t it?” He smiles at me and nods, slipping back under his gold satin sheets and pulling me into his warmth.

“Bad enough to keep you here.” He whispers, running his fingers down my bare back. It was a new sensation that I was starting to fall in love with. In fact all of this was new to me. The sex, the safety that being in his arms gave me, the love I felt for him. It was all enough to drive me insane if I let it.

“I’ll have to go home sometime.” Parker grunted like a five year old at this, pulling me into him until there was no room between us and tangling his fingers in my hair.

“Don’t remind me.”

I pull away to look in his eyes, blue and bright and filled with a wholeness that I’d never seen in him and I hoped it was because of me. I was opening my mouth, words slipping off my tongue, but all I got out was a sigh before a bone chilling crash comes from down stairs.

Parker freezes instantly, slipping out from under the sheets to walk over to his bedroom door and lay his ear against. I can barely hear a curse, then another crash, before the sound of the front doors slamming shut hard enough to shake the picture frames on the walls.

Parker, dressed in only his boxer briefs, slides two balled up fist down the door on either side of him. I want to get up, comfort him, but something inside me draws cold. A strange tingle of fear in the pit of my stomach turns the butterflies that live there into stone. I have no reason to fear Parker, but the feeling in my gut is almost too strong to ignore but I ignore it nonetheless. I shed the satin sheet and quietly slip from the warmth of the bed, watching Parker as I move around the bed, stark naked.

I bend down to grab his black T’shirt from the floor, pulling it over my head quickly, as I hesitantly walk over to where he stands at the door, his forehead smooshed against the cherry colored wood.

The tension in his muscles is visible and his shoulders raise up and down with each deep breath he takes. He’s attempting to calm himself down. I reach out, ignoring my gut, and smooth my hands down his back. He relaxes into my touch and without saying a word I guide him back to the bed, my hands planted gently on his lower back.

We sit on the edge of the bed quietly before he reaches over and grabs my hand, bringing it back into his lap, his eyes fixated on the floor in front of us.

“I’ve got a lot to think about.” He mumbles, hanging his head.

“What do you mean?”

He shakes his head, curls falling onto his forehead. “Motley wants me to go on a trip with him.” He says this in a guilty way, like he’s already run off and done something wrong.

“To where?”

He shakes his head, rolling his shoulders back. “I don’t. But he’s ready to go whenever I make up my mind.”

All I can think is that there's two choices I can make, to be selfish or selfless.

I choose the latter.

“So what’s stopping you? Sounds like fun.”

Parker lifts his head up, giving me a look I’m not sure how to decipher. “You. You’re the reason, Sable.”

I pull my lips into my mouth before letting out a sigh and smiling.

“You don’t have to ask me permission or whatever. If you wanna go… then go, ya know.” We become silent. It’s the type of silence that looms around you, the type that leaves you speechless.

He mutters something under his breath and I lean closer to him just to hear. Realizing this, he sighs. “I can’t leave… without…” He stops.

He leaves a cliff hanger, letting his eyes scope out the floor once again. I wait, thinking maybe he’ll finish his sentence but it’s becomes apparent that he has no plans on finishing it, which really pisses me off.

I snatch my hand away from him, throwing my arms out dramatically, waving them in circles around me. “Without what, Parker, without what?”

Parker’s head snaps up. “Oh, for fucks sake, Sable. You. I can’t leave without you.” He say’s it in such a condescending way but I can’t help but laugh.

“Why?”

He rubs his a hand against his cheek. “I don’t know, Sable. Maybe it’s because I fucking love you. I’m fucking in love with you.”

 I sit staring at him, my mouth agape.

Parker pushes a strand of hair behind my ear, shaking his head. “I want you to come with me, darlin’.”

I nod my head and then I nod again.

“Yeah?” Parker smiles at me and I nod again. “Yeah?” He pulls my face to his and kisses me, smiling against my lips. He runs his hand down my stomach, pulling me deeper and deeper into pleasure until I’m lightheaded. He breaks the kiss only to kiss my cheek, then my nose, then my forehead.

He sits up, his hands resting on my thighs. “I’ll tell Motley.” He thinks for a second. “You think you’re parents will let you?”

I shrug. “I turn eighteen in two days, they don’t really have a say in the matter then. But, if anyone asks, I’m doing this to help Motley after such an awful time. Which, I mean…”

Parker nods, kissing my cheek again before laying back on the bed, his fingers stroking my leg. “We’re finally getting out of here, baby. Away from this shitty town and it’s shitty people.”

I shake my head. “Hey, not everyone here is bad.”

Parker smiles up at me, his eyes shining in the dim light of the bedside lamp. “Yeah, you’ve gotta point.”

I lay down next to him, my head on his shoulder. “Us against the world, darlin’.”

“Us and Motley.” I correct him, making him chuckle. I listen to the rumbling in his chest as he talks vividly about all the places we’ll go and all the things we’ll see.

“... New York, California. Hey, maybe we’ll find my brother out west.” He laughs, his eyes crinkling. “Maybe he’s doin’ rodeo’s in the Arizona like all the famous cowboys do.”

He goes on and on till he falls asleep, his fingers tangled in my hair and his lips planted against the side of my head.

And I smile as he sighs in his sleep, silently thanking whoever's watching over me for changing my life in the best way possible.