How You Met

.: Hiccup :.

The reason you decided to go to Berk was no secret - you wanted to know if the rumors were true. You wanted to find out for yourself, to see with your own eyes, if these people had really found a way to tame dragons. You soon discovered that you wouldn't even have to visit the island to get the proof you needed. Even from a distance you could see the winged beasts flying through the air. Peacefully, not shrieking and spitting fire as you were used to. It was a sight unlike anything you had ever seen.

And it only gave you more of a reason to press on.

When your boat reached the shore of Berk, you hardly waited for it to be safely docked and anchored before jumping onto the rickety wooden pier. You tried not to run - to not be overly excited and dart up the pathway leading to the town - but every hurried step you took made it increasingly obvious just how giddy you were. There was no way you could have gone unnoticed, and your eagerness caught the eye of the chief. That, and the fact that you were a new face, and a fair bit younger than most of the traders and other visitors that passed through the area.

"And who might you be?" The sound of a thundering voice stopped you in your tracks. You turned to see the source, and found yourself face to face (or, face to chest, really) with a towering man. Who may have been more intimidating than all the dragons flying about.

"Oh. (Y/N). I'm just, uh, visiting. I heard about the whole 'dragon' thing and wanted to see if it was true." You gave far too much information, and you were painfully aware of it. But what else are you supposed to do when someone that imposing puts you on the spot?

- - -

He was the chief. And it was his son who had trained the dragons.

Neither of those things surprised you.However being lead through the village by him in order to meet his son? That was a little off putting. But he was full of such pride it was hard to feel awkward, even after he called his son over from the group the boy was chatting with, just for introductions.

"(Y/N), I would like you to meet Hiccup." The man, Stoick, gestured to the auburn haired boy beside him.

"Hey." You tried your hardest to act casual, like you weren't thrilled to be meeting the person who you had heard so many stories about. "It's good to meet you. The whole dragon training thing is... Pretty impressive."

"Oh! Uh. Why thank you." He grinned sheepishly. "It wasn't easy, but it's been worth it. I couldn't imagine what life would be like if I never met Toothless."

"Toothless?"

"He's a Night Fury. My Night Fury, more specifically... Wanna meet him?"

"Absolutely."

.: Astrid :.

You and your friends had been on Berk for roughly five days, and were getting more than eager to leave. Sure, the people were interesting, and the whole dragon thing was pretty exciting, but you had other places to be. Other less cold, gloomy places. The only issue was getting the ship repaired, and that was proving to be more of a challenge than any of you anticipated. In the meantime, you were staying with a family you had come to know as the Hoffersons. They were pleasant, and quick to treat you like one of the family. Part of you wondered if that's because their daughter was off on some important mission with her friends, and they were looking for some way to help make the house feel less empty.

So there was a bit of concern when you woke up one morning to the sound of an ecstatic Hofferson household, shouting about something. Although your limbs pleaded with you not to move, curiosity got the best of you and you pulled yourself out of bed and down the flight of stairs into their living area.