Getting Your Dragon

A/N: This is just a quick reminder that if there are any characters you want me to include in these scenarios, just let me know! I love writing these so far, and I'm more than willing to throw in more characters if there's someone in particular you want to see.

- - -

.: Hiccup :.

By the time you reached the nameless island with Hiccup, you found yourself more undecided on what species of dragon you wanted than you were when you left. The two of you had spent the better part of the flight discussing it, weighing pros and cons of each of the most appealing species, and trying to rule out entire classes based on your preferences. You finally decided that you'd just go with whatever stood out to you when you met it.

And it turned out, after about half an hour on the island, the thing standing out most to you was the towering Typhoomerang you were staring dead in the eye.

"(Y/N), just... Keep calm." Hiccup said from just a few feet away, keeping some space between him and the dragon, but trying to slowly close the distance between you and him. "He doesn't seem aggressive, so don't do anything that might startle him."

"Got it." You replied, keeping your voice low, and your breathing as steady as you could manage.

Of all the dragons you and Hiccup had discussed, the one that came up the least was the Typhoomerang. You figured its massive size would be a hindrance, and didn't touch on the subject since. But in that moment, you began to wonder exactly how bad that would really be. Sure, it might be slightly inconvenient, but that would be a small price to pay for something this incredible.

"You ever train one of these?" You asked in the same hushed tone, not taking your eyes off of the golden eyed beast before you.

"Sort of. We found one as a baby once, and helped take care of it for a bit." By the sound of his voice, you could only assume Hiccup had made it right behind you. But turning to look could prove fatal. "Why? You... You're not seriously thinking about training..." He paused, before finally stating. "Alright. Let me see what I can do about calming him down. Then, you can introduce yourself."

- - -

It took about fifteen minutes for Hiccup to put the wild dragon at ease. It wasn't that the Typhoomerang was particularly on edge. In fact, the whole thing could have been over and done with quite a bit quicker if it was a creature of a less intimidating size. But Hiccup decided to take his time, and you didn't complain, figuring that it would be best in the long run for his remaining limbs.

Finally, the dragon lowered its head, nearly level with your own. It was close - two feet away at most, with hot breath blowing on your face.

"Okay, so far so good... Now just... Slowly, slowly, reach out your hand."

You did as he said, cautiously bringing your hand up and displaying your open palm towards the snout of the Typhoomerang.

There was a moment of absolute silence - no movement from the dragon, and certainly not from Hiccup or yourself as you waited to see whether or not your "peace offering" of sorts would be accepted.

Sure enough, the still was broken by the dragon pressing the horn at the tip of its snout against your skin.

The tension from the passed minutes melted away, and a smile formed on your face.

"Hey there." You whispered, carefully bringing you hand from the horn, down onto the Typhoomerang's actual face. It pressed against your hand lightly, earning a chuckle from Hiccup.