Chapter Eleven

Josh's POV

Clara won't stop crying. She's been crying all day.

I mean i can understand why.

But, today is her brothers surgery day.

"He'll be fine." Clarissa, her sister, says.

"I know!" She cries. "He's just hurting, I don't want him to."

"I know. I don't either." She hugs her. "Dad said he'd call us when he's going in. Which is soon." Clarissa says. "Look, I have to go to work, I'll call you when I'm on break. Okay? We're going to Skype with dad and Landon later. Just calm down and sleep."

Clara nods as she watches her sister leave.

After a few minutes she comes over to me. I immediately wrap my arms around her small frame, trying my best to comfort her.

"Josh, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I'm putting you through this. You can leave if you'd like, im just so scared for him, so of course, I'm emtional." She says.

"No, Clara, it's okay, you're one of my best friends. I don't know where I'd be with out you. I'm here for you, okay?"

She nods and let's out a smile.

I pulled her small body into a tight hug. I felt her chest moved up and down against mine. As I pulled away I saw blood on her lip.

"Oh, Clara, your lip is bleeding." I say.

"Shit." She takes my hand and walks me into the bathroom.

As she looks for something to stop the bleeding, I find the gauze.

"Okay, so we need to put cold water on it and apply pressure, or if you have sugar, it could help it."

"Sugar?" She laughs lightly. "How do you know this?"

"My lips bleed all the time."

She decides on the cold water, after a few minutes, it stops bleeding.

"Thank you for helping." She smiles.

"You're welcome." I smile. "Do you wanna do something?"

"We could watch a movie." She suggests.

"That we could." I smile.

So we do, and obviously, we watched Shrek.

"I fucking love Donkey!" She giggles.

"Me too, he's pretty cool."

"What time is it?" She asks.

"Um..." I take out my phone. "12:07"

"Oh my God, only Twenty three minutes." She closes her eyes and picks up my hand.

"I promise that he'll be okay."

"I know, I'm sorry-"

"Stop apologizing." (I JUST PUT APOLLO, LIKE THE GREEK GOD, OMG, I'M READING TRIALS OF APOLLO, SORRY)

"I'm- okay." She starts. "Its just-"

Her phone cuts her off.

She puts her phone on speaker.

"Hello?" She says

"Hey Clara. He's about to go in." Clarissa says over the phone.

"What? I though he was going in at 12:30?"

"No, they've changed it. For what reason? I have not a clue." She sighs. "We should Skype dad now. I just took an hour off so I could.

"O-okay," She takes my hand, I rub my thumb on her hand. "Um, I'll see you in a minute. Love you."