three

*warning: harry's a dick*

Niall's POV

I leaned over on my side to look at Liam who was currently sitting on the other couch across from me. He had his head in his hands and his elbows rested on his knees, fisting his hair. 

"Liam, maybe we could—" I tried, trailing off at the end. It was about three hours after the confrontation at the shops, and Liam was still silent, all of us whispering and pondering what to do. 

Andrew, Carrie, and Daniel are on fire duty, tending to the only warmth we had in this house, and Sebastian and Jolene are cooking, and I'm not quite sure what Jenny is doing. 

After we came back, there was the initial panic, hesitation, and talk about what we were going to do. Liam had stated that we've been on the road for far too long, and we've finally found a good place. We shouldn't leave it. 

Everyone else agreed, yet we were all still nervous on what was to happen next. Would those people find us again? Would they even look, or leave us alone? How many were there? 

"Niall," Liam sighed, rubbing his hand on his face. "Listen, I'm just gonna go up to bed. I know it's only like 4, but then I can get up early tomorrow. I'm exhausted. You coming?"

I frowned at Liam but nodded anyways, following him up the stairs to our shared bedroom. We had to share a bedroom and a bed due to the limited amount and neither of us wanting to sleep on the floor. 

"G'night, Niall." Liam said, climbing under the blankets. 

I climbed under with him and nodded off quickly, worried of what was to come.

~~

Rough hands seized my arms and legs and yanked me away from the bed, I gasped for air as I woke up abruptly, rearing my head to face who was holding me. 

I saw the burly man that was constricting my arms with his hands and panicked, trying to kick away from him. 

Liam was next to me struggling, behind held back by two men. He was shouting loudly and punching forward to get his arms out of their grip, but they just kneed him in the gut and dragged him to the hallway, down the stairs. 

"Liam!" I screamed, attempting to jump away from the man. He just gripped my biceps tight and lifted me off the ground a little, carrying me down the stairs behind Liam. 

Once we got into the main living room and sitting area, I was surprised at what I saw. 

There stood our whole group, in a line against the back wall next to the fireplace, a few men standing in front of them and pointing guns to their heads. Jenny and Jolene were holding hands, and Andrew was standing protectively in front of Carrie and Daniel who looked frightened. Sebastian put on a tough face. 

I looked at the men that had them at gun point in shock, noticing a few looked bigger and hairy, like the ones restricting Liam and me. 

It was then, when we were in the middle of the room, that I noticed the tall man with his back to us. He slowly turned around and grinned widely, spreading his arms and gesturing to our surrounding area. 

"Well well well," He chuckled. "What do we have here?"

He had shoulder-length curly brunette hair and sharp green eyes that met mine with a piercing glare. His leather jacket was glinting a little in the light, paired with a white t-shirt and black jeans, and his brown boots were covered in dirt and grime and who knows what else. 

Liam shrugged the two men off of him and stepped towards the tall man. "Who the hell are you?" 

The tall man looked shocked and took a step back, raising his hands in mock innocence. "Woah there, pal. We just came here peacefully, isn't that right men? No need to be aggressive."