Chapter 5

Olivia cooked breakfast for her family while Noah was getting washed up with Tucker. It was their every Sunday ritual. Olivia cooked and the 2 boys got ready. She was on facetime with Jennifer and she was updating her step-mom about her love life. "Look at me mom!" Noah yelled running into the kitchen. She flipped the pancakes and turned to see her son. He had spiky hair while he was wearing a green polo and khakis. "Look at you my love!" She exclaims picking him up. She carries him in front of the phone and his sister exclaims how cute he is. "Me take Mommy on date." He smiles looking to his mother. She chuckled and kissed his cheek. "Not this week, bud. You are going to stay with Lucy." He frowned and looked to his sister. "Me take you on date?" He asks giving her the eyes. He could melt the entire one-six with those eyes. "Matt and I are going to have a movie night, Noah. Would you like to come?" Ed came into the room and came up behind his wife and son. "YES!" He shouts making the adults laugh. Olivia finishes cooking breakfast and sets down Ed. "Are you sure?" The older woman asks putting the plate of food on the table for her boys to devour. "Positive. We'll come pick him up at noon." Liv nods and glances at Ed. They had a doctors appointment at 1 for her final shot of IVF before insemination. Noah climbed onto his chair and started to eat the plate Ed made for him. "Daddy, you take Mommy on date?" He asks taking a bite and giggled when syrup dribbled on his chin. "Kinda." She bid goodbye to Jennifer before joining her family at the table. She didn't feel like eating so she settled on a cup of tea. 

Jennifer walked into the house around 11:45 to find Noah and Ed sitting in the living room building blocks. Matt stayed close behind her until Ed got up and walked over to them. "She isn't feeling well so she is laying down." Noah ran over to them and launched himself into Jen's arms. Matt smiled at the little boy and ruffled his hair. "Me wanna take you on date." He whispered into Jen's ear while he laid on her shoulder. She chuckled and looked to her dad with a furrowed brow. What date was this boy referring to? "Olivia has this plan of teaching him early on how to treat girls." The younger couple smiled and looked to the boy. It was a good thing for them to do and Noah seemed to enjoy it. "He takes her out to eat and he pretend pays with my credit card. We teach him to open the door, pull out her chair, ya know the drill." Jen set the boy down sending him into his room to get his bag. She let out a sigh and leaned into her boyfriends side. "He's getting so big, Dad." Ed nodded pouring hot water into a cup and bobbing a tea bag in it. As if on cue, Olivia walked in rubbing her eyes. "Babe, what time is our appoint-" She stopped talking when she saw her step-daughter standing in the kitchen. "Hi sweetheart." She smiles taking the tea from her husband. "Uh, well. I was going to tell Dad but I guess I will tell you both now. Mommy is planning a trip to New York. She wanted to meet Matt." Ed tensed and Olivia held her breath. She had never met this woman and never wanted to. Ed and her had extensive fights when Alyssa told her mother daddy had a new girlfriend. "When?" He asks gripping the edge of counter. Olivia put her hand on his back and she felt the tension slowly leave his body. "She's coming for New Years." Ed glanced at the month written on their fridge.  It was nearing the end of November. "Just great." He glanced at his wife who was staring at her planner on the table. He knew she was staring at the dates of when she should become pregnant. It was going to make her start second guessing this idea. Noah came skipping back in toting the things he was going to bring to his sisters house. "Lessgo!" He yelled running to the door. Olivia scooped up her son and covered his face in kisses. "Bye, my love. Have a good night. Be good for your sister." She passed him to Ed who did the same before handing him over to his oldest. "Have a good night, sweetheart." He kissed her forehead as the 3 left. Ed shut the door and Jen turned to Matt. "I think Livvie has something wrong with her. I saw her take these strange meds the other day and then hid them in her makeup bag." Matt furrowed his brow as he helped put Noah into his truck. "Now we get there and she is laying down? Then she asked Daddy when their appointment was. She has gotta be sick." They started driving towards their condo silently, while listening to Noah talk to himself in the backseat.

Olivia held Ed's hand after she was poked and prodded. "Well, Mr. and Mrs.Tucker, we can do insemination next week. We will insert 2 eggs. Most of the time, only one of them sticks." The 2 nodded and flipped through their paperwork. This was really happening, they were going to have a baby. "Do you think this is going to work?" She asks the doctor hesitantly. He gave her a smile and nodded. "We do. You are in great shape, Olivia. If not, we can always try another round." Ed looked at Olivia and she kept her eyes locked on the table. He knew she was gating herself off. She wouldn't talk about it because she was afraid it wouldn't happen. She didn't want to get let down, again. "We will see you in 9 days." They all shook hands and the couple left the clinic. Olivia was quiet nearly the entire ride back to their house. "So, what should we do tonight? Since Noah is gone and our nightly activities are cancelled." He wagged his eyebrows at her and she chuckled. Sex was off limits for awhile until things were good to go. After deciding on a movie night as well, the 2 climbed right back into bed to spend the rest of the day just cuddling with movies playing.