Chapter 7

Olivia paced her kitchen while Ed came in from giving Lucy instructions for the night. "Babe. You are going to wear holes into the floor." She glared at him and the door opened signaling that Ed's daughters were there. Tonight was the night that they were going to share that Olivia was pregnant. A few days before she hit the 14th week mark. She was showing greatly but her work blouses hide it perfectly. They were going to a fancy dinner so she was going to wear a dress, showcasing her belly. She was nervous to tell the girls because she wasn't ready for their response. "Livvie! Dad!" Alyssa calls walking down the hall. Jen was in front of her with her boyfriend with his hand around her waist. "We have someone for you to meet." Alyssa steps in and another body appears in the doorway. A red head girl timidly sticks her hands out to Olivia and Ed. "Hi, my name is Elizabeth. Liz for short." Alyssa smiles brightly and looks at all the people in the room. "Liz is my girlfriend." She pulls her into her side and both parents give them a warm smile.  "Nice to meet you, my dear. I am going to quick change and we can head out. Noah is already laying down." Olivia went up the stairs quickly. She changed really quick and pulled her red dress down over her rounded belly. It wasn't large, but it was noticeable. She wrapped her black trench coat around her and tied the tie just enough to keep it closed but conceal the belly. Slipping on her black pumps, she walked down the stairs and met her husband there. "Good?" He asks and she nods smiling. "Let's go." With a brief goodbye to Lucy, the 6 of them were on their way. 

Olivia gripped Ed tightly as they walked into the Italian place. They were only moments away from revealing their secret. Ed kissed her head as they made their way to the able. Per usual, Ed and Olivia sat across from each other on the end and the 2 couples sat on insides across from their partners. She stood next to her chair as everyone sat down and slowly untied the sash. They looked up at her wondering why she was taking so long. She turned a small bit so they were able to see the protruding abdomen. She slipped off the coat and Alyssa was the first to gasp. "What is that?" She asks pointing to Liv. Everyone followed her gaze and eyes grew wide as Ed's smile grew large. "You're pregnant?" Jen asks breathless. She smiled and sat down nodding. She reached for Ed's hand as they tried to gauge everyones reaction. She saw Jen make eye contact with her boyfriend then downcast her glance at her water. Matt ran his hand over her face. Alyssa was trying not to shoot dagger at her father. Liz smiled at Olivia and Ed, not understanding why everyone was so quite. "Is everyone okay?" Ed asked starting to get worried nobody was saying anything. Matt nodded at Jennifer and she took a deep breath before making eye contact with her dad. "I'm pregnant, too, Dad." She hissed the last word. Olivia looked in between Alyssa and Jen. Neither of them looked happy. "Excuse me. Congratulations, Jennifer." before running off to the bathroom. "What the FUCK, Edward Tucker?" Alyssa practically yells. He hasn't ever seen his daughter this angry at him. He was taken aback by the way she yelled at him in public. "Jen, congrats honey." He says reaching across the table to touch his daughters arm. He wanted to defuse the situation but both girls seemed angry.

Olivia walked into the bedroom later that night wanting to cry. She just finished her shower and was about to put lotion on. During her shower she cried to herself. The rest of dinner was silent. Alyssa was extremely angry and left early. Liz bid goodbye to her girlfriends family and hugged Olivia before running after Aly. Jen was pretty much silent and uncomfortable the entire time. Ed came in from laying Noah back down after he woke up crying. He saw her about to put her lotion on and he took the bottle and put it into his hands. She smiled gratefully when he lathered her legs and then moved to do her belly. He placed a loving gentle kiss on her stomach before moving to kiss her. "They will come around, Olivia. I promise you." He says wrapping his arms around her. She leaned into his chest and his fingers ran along the side of her panties. "Elizabeth seemed nice." She whispered pulling the blanket over her body. They laid down so they were facing each other and Ed saw the hurt in his wife's face. It was hard for the Tucker daughters to accept Liv and that nearly killed her. Now they weren't going to accept that he was having a baby with her. It might be the straw that broke the camels back.

The next morning when she woke up, Ed wasn't in bed. She climbed out of bed, tossed on her robe, and wandered to find her husband. She peeked in on Noah and he was still sleeping. Why was he already out of bed? She checked her phone and it was only 7:27. Noah wasn't up normally for another 30 minutes. She moved into the kitchen to see Ed standing on the closest side of the island to her. "Ed? Honey why are you up already?" She asked walking up behind him. He turned and that is when she saw the person on the other side of the island. "Oh." She stops short and Ed internally groans. He was hoping she would stay asleep. "Olivia, this is Kellie. My ex-wife. She came out early. She is staying with Jennifer." He tells her tensely. She makes eye-contact with the other woman and suddenly feels self-conscious. "I am going to go get dressed and see if Noah is ready to get up." She retreats back to her bedroom and shuts the door behind her. "Noah?" Kellie asks glaring at Ed. "Olivia's son." He responds taking a seat on the stool. "A little boy and a baby? Ed, what the hell?" She says rolling her eyes at her ex-husband. Their daughters called her this morning absolutely losing their minds. She was already flying in early because Jen was having a baby but the minute she lands, she hears her ex-husbands new wife was also pregnant. To say the least, she wasn't happy. "What does it matter to you, Kellie? You are the one who left me!" He whispers harshly. The blonde rolled her eyes as Noah stumbled into the kitchen in a t-shirt that went down to his knees. "Kid is up." She tells him, annoyed. He glared at her before turning around to look at Noah. "Good morning, buddy." He says making his way to the boy and picking him up. "Want your morning juice?" He asks opening the fridge, grabbing out the apple juice. Noah nodded tiredly and reached for the cup Ed poured it into. "You can go sit on the couch and watch some cartoons before Mommy and I get breakfast ready." He kisses his head and puts the boy down. "Okay, Daddy." Responds Noah as he wanders to the living room to turn on the TV. "Daddy?" Kellie hisses with an eyeroll. Olivia reenters and rolls her eyes as well when she saw the other woman was still there. She puts on a fake smile and wraps her arm around her husbands waist, placing a kiss on his lips. Ed had to stifle a laugh because he knew exactly what she was doing. She was marking her territory. She turns to see Kellie scowling at them. With the best smile she could muster, "Are you staying for breakfast?".