Chapter 49- Eight

*A Year and a Half Later*

*Alicia POV*

The past year and a half has been filled with some of the best memories of my life. My daughter is now 2 and a half. She is the sassiest, sweetest little girl i have ever met.

She is actually a big fan of wrestling, she loves watching it. She's been to one of my shows and always wants to "watch mommy on TV". I have two of the biggest fans, and they're awful cute.

Phil and i have been fantastic. This summer will mark 5 years since we fell in love. Sure we have our issues, but we work through them. That's how a marriage has to work.

Over the past year, i have really contemplated how much longer i can keep doing this. Autumn is getting older, and notices my absence more. I have always put motherhood first, and she needs me during these more important years.

With that being said, I have decided it is time to hang up my boots and retire. I have accomplished all i have set out to do here.  I have captured the Women's Championship 2 times and the Diva's Championship 5 times.

I am tied with one of the best, and that is perfectly okay with me. I have been wrestling since i was 19 years old and have been signed to a WWE contract since i was 21. Most of my adult life has been spent on the road, traveling, and wrestling all over the world.

I have thought about this for a very long time, and while i do love wrestling, i truly believe it is time. My contract extension expires the day after Wrestlemania. That will be my very last match. My very last Mania, my very last time in that four sided ring.

Wrestlemania happens to fall on my birthday, and i can't think of a better time to retire and take my final bow in the ring. I will be 32 next week, with more than a lifetime of memories, stories, and laughs. I was ready.

*One Week Before Wrestlemania*

Today i would announce my retirement on Raw and would also announce my Wrestlemania match. I have only told 3 people about my retirement, so i think this will definitely shock people.

I kissed Autumn and Phil goodbye as they dropped me off at the airport to head to Dallas. "I love you," i said as i grabbed my bags and began walking inside. I looked back and saw Autumn waving and i smiled and waved back at her.

As i sat through the 2 hour plane ride, i did some reflection. I have met some of the best people in this business. I have a handful of forever friends who would do anything for me and my family.

I am grateful because if it wasn't for WWE, i wouldn't have met Phil and i wouldn't be Autumn's mom. This company has been really good to me.

I have been able to live out my dream for 11 years now. I went from wrestling in front of 30 people at indie shows, to wresting in front of 100,000 at Wrestlemania. I went from making very little money in tiny gyms to more than i could've ever imagined.

*3 Hours Later*

I had a meeting with Stephanie, Vince, and Paul about an hour after i landed. I fixed myself up in the locker room and changed into dress pants.

I had on a white blouse, dress pants, and black peep toe pumps. I was nervous for this meeting, as this would be my very last match.

I walked into the conference room as was greeted by Stephanie right away, "Hi, Alicia! Very nice to see you. Please, sit down."

"Nice to see you too!" I replied with a warm smile, before sitting down in a chair across from her.

Vince was on a business call and Paul walked in a minute later. "So we have been talking about your final Mania match," Paul began.