Chapter 19 - Divulged

The events that took place following Ky's defeat went by like a blur. The Keepers of Ice had taken over the huge icy castle, but its origins were still unknown. Ky and the members of Order had been locked up behind bars, and even though a few had managed to escape the castle before being captured, Stone had told David not to worry about a few runaways. "Without a leader, they'll be powerless," he had told him.

David suspected the real reason Stone was not worried about them was because there was a good chance that they would run into some snow golems. On that same day, David remembered going to bed early as he was too exhausted to think straight. He had been woken up early the next morning by his guardians, with Uncle William telling him it was finally time to go home.

After the Keepers of Ice had thanked them for their assistance with their fight against Order, Stone had thrown a magical pebble onto the ground, opening a portal that led to Earth. Specifically, it would return them to the same location they had been before entering Polarfrost. Estella had offered to return her spear to them, but Rafael stopped her and told them that they could all keep their weapons in case they ran into trouble back on Earth. David was thrilled to be able to keep his battle-axe and shield, but Aunt Yvonne told him that he had to keep it somewhere safe, and only use it in supernatural emergencies.

When they had entered the portal and returned to their homes, David immediately checked his phone for the date and time. To his surprise, only hours had passed back on Earth during his time and adventures in Polarfrost. It was only five in the morning, and he remembered somebody saying about how time worked differently in Polarfrost. It also reminded him a lot of 'The Chronicles of Narnia' and he smiled at that thought.

❄ ❄ ❄

Someone tapped on his shoulder. He stopped rummaging through books in his locker and turned to meet a smiling blond-haired teenager. "Hey, what's up Jackson?"

"G'day David! How was English?" Jackson replied automatically.

"I just had maths actually. It was pretty boring."

Jackson chuckled. "Anyway, here you go," he handed him a small card.

"What's this?" David took the card and started reading the text. His eyes widened. "You're having a birthday party this Saturday night?"

"Yup, and you're invited! I'm turning sixteen, so I'm having a big party to celebrate at my place."

David was shocked. He could not recall the last time he was invited to a birthday party. Well, a birthday party that was not his sister's. "Wow um, thanks for inviting me Jackson... I really appreciate it. But just out of pure curiosity, how many people did you invite?"

"Um, about half the year level actually," he said sheepishly. "I invited your girlfriend too."

David coughed. "My w-what? I don't have a girlfriend."

Jackson laughed. "Whatever you say, Dave. Well, catch you later. And you better come to my party."

"Of course! I'll see you later." As his friend walked off in another direction, David finished putting his books away, grabbed his sandwich and headed outside. It had been about a week since returning home from Polarfrost. He and his sister had kept their weapons safe just as Aunt Yvonne had told them too. Cody, Estella, his sister, and himself had decided to keep their wild adventures a secret and try to live ordinary lives. Ordinary... ordinary? The word felt strange in his mind because deep down, he would never really live an ordinary life even if he tried. Something told him that his adventures in Polarfrost were only the beginning of his extraordinary life.