Five

You know that feeling you get when you really want something, but when you do it turns out to not be that amazing?

Well, my house is completely the opposite of that. It’s way better than I imagined. It’s massive. It’s light. It has this beautiful cream sofa and a little black granite bar just by the kitchen. It has two floors and an amazing black staircase. The kitchen has little brown tiles and a small round white table with four blue chairs.

It has three marble bathrooms and a dining room with eight white chairs that look like they would have cost about 300 pounds each. I don’t think I would ever dare sit on them.

Note to self – Never ever, bring food and/or drinks near the white chairs. I guess I would just have to eat somewhere else.

“Do you remember any of this?” Nicole said as she watched me float around the house “Is it triggering anything?”

“No, but it’s gorgeous”

“Do you want to go see your room?” Nicole asked

I was dying to. I quickly followed her to the black staircase, avoiding my parents who were sitting quietly in the kitchen with my little brother, Eddy.

We walked up the black staircase and up to the second floor. The flooring was a dark oak wood just like in the rest of the house.

Nicole walked into the corridor besides the staircase and walked past two white doors. She stopped walking at the third door.

“This is your room,” Nicole said pointing at the door “Oh. And your bathroom is right here” she said as she pointed at the door just across from my room”

“I have my own bathroom?” I asked slightly shocked

“Of course everyone does, well except for Eddy of course!” Nicole laughed

Eddy was my little brother. He was five years old and super cute. He had light brown hair and bright blue eyes that sparkled in the light. I hadn’t seen much of him, but I think he’s probably really sweet.

Nicole opened my bedroom door.

The door made a slight creaking noise as it swooped open. I swallowed and looked inside. In the middle of the room there was a double bed with thick purple covers with “Poohbear” the Teddy lying draped across the white pillow. Against the wall next to the bed there was a bookcase and on the other wall there was a desk with an expensive looking laptop. I entered the room and noticed that on the other side of the door there was a mirror that slides open to reveal a massive closet. The walls were partly covered in posters.

Just a few days ago I had lived here. I had been Melissa, lying across the chic double bed and sitting on the red chair by the desk.

I didn’t know what to do next. I felt as if the real Melissa was going to run in at any time telling me to get out. I felt as if I was trespassing someone’s privacy.

But then I remembered something.

I turned around to face Nicole, looking deep into her big green eyes.

“Who’s Jackie?” I asked curiously

Nicole’s eyes opened wide.

“What? Did you just like… remember her?” She asked confused, studying me closely, analyzing every move I made.

“No no, Zayn mentioned her in the hospital. She’s my friend right?”

“Well yes. You two do everything together.” Nicole laughed

“Where is she? Why haven’t I heard anything from her?” I asked. I hope she isn’t mad at me or anything. I wrapped my arms around my little bump. Did she know about the baby?