Eight

I forced Nicole to drop me off at Zayn’s apartment immediately. When we get there, I realize I should have called first to let him know I was coming. I whip out my phone and dial his number. I take the elevator to the 4th floor whilst waiting for him to answer.

“Liz?” he answers the phone

“I’m at your place” I gasp as I run to his apartment “I’ve remembered”

I wait outside. There’s a silence on the other end of the phone. I can hear footsteps inside. The next minute the door opens, and there he is. He’s standing there in his jeans and red shirt.

“I remembered something” I blurt out before I let him say anything “I remember going to MacDonald’s and meeting you there, and I also remember picking you up from the airport”

“Liz, come in” Zayn interrupts me as he takes my hand to pull me in

As I look around Zayn’s apartment, half of it looks familiar to me. I can see us snuggling on the couch watching a horror movie and feeding each other popcorn. I remember getting soaked with water whilst cleaning the dishes and having to wear his red hoodie for the rest of the day. There’s a picture of Zayn with his sisters by the television. I remember looking at it the first time I came here, and thinking how beautiful his sisters were. I remember Niall daring me to eat extra spicy Nandos chicken, and then having to drink three glasses of milk to get rid of the burn in my throat. I remember drinking at our favorite bar in town with Jackie, smoking the occasional cigarette. I gasp for air as the memories start to come back to me. There were a few gaps in my memory, but most of it all seemed to fit together perfectly. I could remember the first time we ever did it, which to be completely honest was not romantic at all, but still meant everything to me.

“Babe you okay?” he asks

“Fabulous” I mutter as I looked around the room

I look back at Zayn. His reaction wasn’t like I had expected it; I thought he would have been overjoyed. He sort of looked annoyed, angry even.

“What’s wrong?” I asked

“It’s just; I’m not in a very good mood right now.” He muttered

“Sweetie, I just got my memories back. Why aren’t you happy?”

“You do realize you just told the entire world that you’re pregnant?”

“I thought you said we were going to tell people soon” I asked, completely confused

“We were, but not like this. Not via twitter.” Zayn shouted

I looked down at the floor. 

I’m such an idiot, what the hell was I thinking?

“Zayn I’m really sorry. I was angry and it felt like the right thing at the time.” I whispered

“Whatever, its fine. I’ve gotten used to your unusual decisions by now.” Zayn laughed as he took my hand

I feel a warmth rising up my arms as Zayn squeezes my hands. I look back at him and see the same eyes I fell in love with two years ago when I was just a 14 years old and watched One Direction sing Torn at boot camp on The XFactor. I got this indescribable feeling in my chest as I looked into his eyes. It felt like a warm fuzzy pink ball that made everything okay. I felt like I didn’t have to worry about the bad things anymore, there was no shame anymore. I knew I could trust him with everything.

“Are we still together?” he asks in his beautiful Bradford accent

“Of course, I love you Zayn” I smiled