Seven

--Flashback--

We raced up the hill through the pouring rain as fast as we could; I felt my heart racing as we tried to avoid the puddles on the floor. My clothes were drenched and my hair were stuck together like dreadlocks. My sight was blurred by the water as I recognized the shiny yellow light coming off the top of the restaurant.

“JAK HURRY UP!” I screamed at the blonde girl behind me

We ran to the door like our lives depended on it, I grabbed the door handle and pulled it open with all my strength. I turned around to see Jackie running towards me like a complete idiot, with her legs coming higher than her arms as she tried to avoid getting her expensive new boots wet.

I laughed as I watched her come inside, we then both made our way to the table at the end. I took of my soaking wet jumper and dumped it on the table, I then put my jacket on over my purple tank top and waved my hair around a bit to dry it.

“Man I’m starving” Jackie moaned as she sunk down in her seat

“I’ll get us some food okay?” I said as I made my way through the empty MacDonald’s to the counter

“Hello, how may I help you?” the cashier asked

“Can I get a McFurry Smarties, a BigMac menu and two cokes please?” I asked

The cashier lady turned around get my food. I bit my lip waited for her to return. When she finished collecting our food, I gave her my debit card and entered my PIN code. I watched the receipts print and took my debit card back from her.

“Melissa?”

I turned around to see Zayn Malik standing half a meter away from me, for the second time that week. I blinked twice to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. No, he was really there.

“Hi Zayn, it’s nice to see you again” I said, as normally as I could

“You too, how have you been?” He asked calmly

“I’ve been great thanks” I smiled

“Are you here by yourself?” he asked shyly, his beautiful eyes twinkling

“No, Jackie’s back there” I said as I pointed to the half-dead girl that had dumped herself on the seat at the back of the restaurant.

“She’s just as lively as last time” Zayn laughed as we both thought back to the signing on Monday, when I had dragged a hung-over girl with me to their concert only to result in her screaming at a security guard after he told her there was a no alcohol rule. To be honest, it was extremely amusing.

Zayn and I had been chatting on Twitter for the past four days, he was really kind.

“Do you want to sit with us?” Zayn asked sweetly

“Of course” I said as I felt my cheeks heat up

I stood with Zayn as he ordered food for him and the boys, we then carried the plates back to the table where they were all seated.

“Hey there gorgeous” Harry winked as I sat down besides Zayn

“Harry, this is Melissa” Zayn said

Harry eyes widened and he gave me another look. I stared at Zayn slightly confused.

“So you’re Melissa eh? Zayn has told us plenty about you” Louis said as he wriggled his eyebrows at Zayn. From the corner of my eye I saw Zayn biting his lip and blushing slightly as he looked down at his food.