3

"I like Cherry! She seems so sweet," Ms. Shepherd tells her daughter happily as they walk back into their apartment.

Connie turns around and glides her fingers in front of her mom.

You are just happy I am talking to someone.

"I am happy about that honey, but you seem to have made a good choice. You seem happier anyway, so I know what I'm talking about."

Connie shrugs and makes her way into the kitchen for a snack. As she raids the fridge, she regrets not asking for Cherry's number, but when did she have time too? There was something about Cherry that was intriguing. She didn't know whether it was her wild hair, or her voice, or how she communicated with Connie that made her feel partly normal. Though she was also mysterious, like Connie. Did Cherry think Connie's mysterious?

Later that night, Connie walks up into her room and perches herself unto her window ledge and grabs her notebook. She glances down at her drawing of what she saw that day in the waiting room. She runs her hands over the plant by the door that she didn't finish because she saw Cherry. She wonders if she'll be there next Saturday when she'll go back with her mom.

"Hey there stranger!"

Connie's head perks up toward the voice. There, in the apartment window right in front of her's, was Cherry. She had a long lamp resting behind her window ledge that she's sitting at. Her knees are pressed to her chest and one arm is wrapped around it and the other waving at Connie. Connie waves back and then suddenly Cherry disappears. Connie narrows her eyes wondering if she just imagined her.

Then she reappears with a notebook the same color as her hair. Connie bites her lip to hide her smile as Cherry olds up her notebook.

I forgot to tell you how beautiful your name is

Connie shakes her head grabbing hers. She takes the slip of paper out from earlier and sets it in her nightstand by the ledge before writing something down.

and now I feel like I'm in that Taylor Swift music video 'You Belong with Me'.

Who?

Connie gasps and Cherry's eyes widen at the sudden sound.

You've never heard of Taylor Swift?!

When Cherry shakes her head ashamed, Connie quickly scribbles something down.

Listen to her! You should listen to that song first

Like right now?

Yes!!!

Cherry laughs grabbing her phone that sits by her foot and plugs in her headphones. Connie slides her legs up propping her notebook on it, and watches Cherry's face as she listens to 'You Belong with Me'. Connie holds in her laugh as she sees Cherry's icy eyes widen and she stares at Connie with a huge grin.

I LOVE her!!

Seeeee

I must listen to all her songs now!

Obsessed much?

Just a little

So that's what Cherry did. She listened to a couple of Taylor's songs and gave her input to Connie who kept nodding her head slowly indicating she already knew all of this. Connie watches Cherry, fascinated and how much she was fan girling. Then Cherry wrote a whole list of artists and once Connie didn't hear of one, Cherry told her to listen to them.

The one Connie hasn't heard of were the Killers so she listened to 'Mr. Brightside'. She loves the band and opened her mouth to sing, but soon to realize that she couldn't. The joy she felt moments ago vanished in the night sky and Cherry could tell by the change of Connie's face.

"Hey!" Cherry calls making Connie look up.

Jealousy....dirty snakes into the sea SWIMMING THROUGH SICK LULLABIES!!

Connie gives a small grin in return and guesses that the upper case letters are Cherry "singing' loudly. Though it doesn't feel the same and Connie remembers when she could actually sing, and if she knew this song back when she was fifteen or younger then she'd happily scream the lyrics.

**turning saints

Cherry narrows her eyes at Connie.

Sorry we all can't be perfect at hearing the lyrics correctly

Connie shrugs and closes her notebook setting it down.

"What's wrong?" Cherry asks loudly so Connie can hear.

Connie stretches her palm over her face and runs it down it to her chin indicating 'sleep'. Cherry nods in response.

"Goodnight!" With that she closes her window and Connie does as well.

Connie sits there for a moment just realizing that she likes the sound of Cherry's voice. She shouldn't have to write on a notebook just because Connie does.