7

They didn't want the day to be over, so Connie asks Cherry if she wants to watch a movie. Cherry agrees, and drives them back to Connie's to change since you can't go to the movies with pajamas.

Connie changes into some black skinny jeans and a dark green t-shirt that flows at the ends. She brushes out her long black hair that reaches just above her elbows and applies a small amount of makeup. She slips on nude flats and ties a nude army green bracelet that was once her mothers that she got on a date with her father. Connie looks in the mirror and remembers her parents loving relationship and her hopes she can find that love too, maybe with Cherry.

Then she hears a tap on her window and smiles once she sees her date. She opens the window and the redhead steps through wearing a black dress with thin straps and pink polka dots covering the dress. She was holding her hot pink flats and her hair was tied back exposing her neck that had a golden heart locket hanging from her it.

"You look pretty," Cherry tells Connie. "Dark green is a pretty color on you, but then again you look pretty in any color."

I don't know. Grey is pretty bad on me.

Cherry holds out her hand and Connie takes it. They walk out the door and Connie realizes she hasn't complimented Cherry back.

You look pretty, pink is good on you.

Cherry grins and squeezes Connie's hand. "Thank you its my favorite color."

Are we not taking the car?

Cherry shakes her head. "Do you mind walking?"

Connie shakes her head. They walk in comfortable silence to the movie theater and once they get in line Connie asks what they see.

"What looks interesting?"

Connie looks around at all the movie titles and sees one that catches her eye. Connie points to the 'Conjuring 2' and Cherry widens her eyes.

"So you're into thrillers too, huh?"

Connie nods excited that Cherry is okay with watching scary movies since most people Connie has met hated them, so she had to watch them alone. She's glad she can watch them with Cherry now. Cherry orders the tickets and lucky for them, the movie is about to start.

Despite the interesting plot and suspense that would make your heart race, Connie's races for a completely different reason. Connie and Cherry kept exchanging glances and the raven haired girl did something she thought she'd never have the guts to do. She shifted her gaze at Cherry's hand resting on the arm rest and slowly slide her hand in hers. She couldn't see Cherry's smile because she tried to focus on the conjuring. Once the movie was over, they went to Jonny Rockets and ate cheese fries while talking about the movie. Then they walked back to Connie's and once they reach the apartment, Connie has a thought popped in her mind.

You know I have never seen your apartment.

Cherry laughs lightly, but doesn't say anything. Connie's face flushes and she shifts her feet back and forth. She's embarrassed she asked since Cherry doesn't look like she wants her over, but she also is curious to why. Cherry opens her mouth, but Connie quickly holds up her hand.

It is fine. I need to go home anyway.

Cherry frowns. "I'm sorry Connie. It's just a mess, and I want you to come when it's clean."

Connie shakes her head understanding what she really means. It is fine.

Cherry eyes her skeptically, but Connie passes her to go into her apartment.

"I had fun Connie!" Cherry calls out.

Though Connie doesn't answer as she closes the door behind her. She doesn't know why she feels upset on why Cherry didn't want her to come over. Then again, she practically invited herself over which is rude. Cherry will invite her when she wants too, just like Connie invites Cherry over. She did have a wonderful time with Cherry though, and she's sad she had to ruin it. She opens the apartment door and walks in gasping to the scene before her.

Her mother on the kitchen floor not moving.