15

Cherry opens her window and slides in before helping Connie through. Connie immediately catches the scent of peach tea and smiles from the smell that grew to be comforting. She looks around and Cherry's room resembles the red haired girl.

The whole room is pink with posters of all old bands covering the walls, zebra print bedsheets, a white desk hidden under a blanket of schoolwork and Oreo wrappers, a pink chair that has clothes hanging on it tucked in front of the desk and sits on a zebra print carpet. A closet covered in different animal prints and stickers across from the window ledge, and some more clothes covering the light wood of the floor. Connie looks back at the ledge and sees the notebook Cherry used to talk to Connie by the lamp that's the only source of light in room even though there's a fan in the middle of the room with three lights.

Connie shakes her hand out with all her fingers extended and her mouth and eyes wide indicating 'wow'.

Cherry giggles lightly. "I know, I wasn't expecting guests."

Connie shakes her head. No, I mean, it is you.

Cherry smiles lightly. "Make yourself at home."

Connie sits down on criss crossed on Cherry's bed, and watches Cherry try to clean up a bit. Once she's finished she sits beside Connie and leans on her shoulder. Before Connie could ask her what's on her mind someone walks in. A little blonde boy with a huge white t-shirt that says "ASL" in big bubbly colorful letters and a blue baseball cap walks in.

Me waves at the two girls and then walks up to Connie.

You must be Connie.

Connie nods and extends her hand. The little boy shakes it and introduces himself as Adam.

You are much prettier than Cherry described you.

Connie laughs and Cherry shoves her brother playfully widening her eyes. He only shrugs.

You think I am pretty? Connie raises her eyebrow.

Cherry smiles bashfully then turns to Adam.

How long have you been home?

Mom is here.

Cherry's eyes widen and her heart races as she glances at Connie.

Do you want me to leave? Connie's eyes brows furrow in worry.

Cherry shakes her head and takes her hand in hers. Adam looks between the two and smiles lovingly just as the door opens again.

"There you are Cherry!" Cherry's mom, Mrs. Swan, smiles and she notices Connie. A look of shock overcomes her and then she glances swiftly at their hands interlocked and the look of disappointment crosses her face for a split second. "Oh hello," she finally says.

Connie meekly waves and she wonders why Cherry's mom is a little on edge.

"Mom this is Connie, my girlfriend."

The word 'girlfriend' escaping Cherry's lips were like a breath of fresh air for Connie and she couldn't help to smile. Mrs. Swan on the other hand doesn't seem so pleased, but she doesn't say anything of it.

"Alright well, Connie are you staying with us for dinner?"

Connie looks over at Cherry and asks if she wants her too. Cherry nods slowly, and even though Connie feels there's something wrong she says yes anyway.

"Alright, well it's nice to have you over see you at dinner."

With that she walks out and Adam follows her out shutting the door.

That was kind of awkward Connie tells honestly.

Cherry slowly nods again.

So girlfriends, huh? Connie smirks causing Cherry to blush.

Before Cherry could say anything more Connie cups her hand under her girlfriend's chin and lifts it up kissing her softly. When they release Cherry whispers at Connie's lips.

"I love you."