Chapter 3

I wake up in a damp cell, trickles of rain leaking through the ceiling. Yesterday's events flow through my mind, reminding me of the pain I felt. The majority of it has disappeared, only leaving a dull ache. A sizzling sound interrupts my thoughts. Looking down, I see my hands, electricity speaking between my fingers. I stare at them in awe, amazed by my new ability. A loud groan frightens me, causing the sparks to glow brightly. I crawl over to the bars on the side, gasping at the sight in front of me. There's Pietro, spastically running into all of the walls in his cell.

"красивый." I whisper. His head shoots up and he quickly runs towards me. "What happened?" He grabs my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"My ability, speed. It's going to take a while for my body to adjust to it." I run my thumb over the back of his hand, trying to comfort him. "What's your power?"

"Electricity." As soon as I say that, electricity arches between my fingers, one shoots out and hits the wall, leaving a burn mark in its place. Pietro chuckles, clearly amused. "Where's Wanda?" He shakes his head behind him. Looking over his shoulder, I see Wanda. Red wisps come from her fingers, levitating a couple toy blocks in front of her.

"She has multiple abilities. Telekinesis, manipulate energy, and she can get into people's heads." My jaw drops, amazed at Wanda's incredible powers. Almost as if she knows we're talking about her, she turns to look at us, giving us a smile.

All of our cells open, guards standing in front of them. They motion for us to get up, which is proven difficult as my knees buckle. I stand back up, carefully following the guards. The three of us are lead to the main building, and we are met with Strucker.

"Good afternoon, I presume everything went as planned?" We nod. "Now, for the next couple of weeks, you will be trained on how to control your power or powers. We will begin immediately. Any questions?"

~

For the next few weeks we are taught how to control our powers. I can now direct where I shoot my electricity, or lightning as I call it. The farthest I can hit is twenty feet. I don't see Pietro or Wanda that much, they've both been busy training as well.

I miss them a lot, the only time I see them is for a few minutes at breakfast, other than that we're separated.

Henley, my trainer, tells me how Strucker is acting strangely. She says the Avengers - which I learned are an American group of people with special skills - know that he has the scepter, and that they're on their way to retrieve it.

I don't know if I believe her, but if it's true, one thing is certain. They're not going down without a fight.

Okay, that wasn't too long, but hopefully the next one will be longer. The Avengers are introduced in the next chapter, and I am super excited for this next part. Anyways, I hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading.