Chapter 11

It's been four months since the battle in Sokovia. Four months since Pietro's death. Life was difficult. For the first month I shut myself in my room, not speaking to anyone except Wanda. Afterwards, she eventually convinced me to train with her and some other new members of the Avengers. I struggled not only with overcoming Pietro's death, but also my power. I've learned to control it, manipulate it in ways I never thought possible.

A day doesn't pass that I don't think about him. He's always on my mind. I can't help but to think what our lives would be like if he were here. I hear his voice. When I'm feeling down or angry, it's his voice bringing me back, helping me calm down. When I first heard him, I thought I was losing my mind, but Wanda assured me I wasn't.

She's been having a hard time adjusting as well. We have each other, but he was her twin, her other half. I try my best to help her, but sometimes I can't. For the most part we confide in one another, both of us having a strong connection to him, but other times it's strange. He was her twin brother, and my love.

When Steve first asked us if we wanted to join the Avengers, I was weary. I already lost Pietro, I didn't want to lose Wanda. But after contemplating it, we agreed. And I couldn't be happier. This is what Pietro wanted to do. He wanted to save lives, protect the world. By joining them, I feel closer to him.

Our days of living in a small apartment, wondering if we'd make it to Christmas, are over. The Avengers took us in. This is our home. It's not perfect. We've lost people. We've made mistakes. But we understand one another. We work best together. We're a family. And nothing can tear us apart.