Chapter 8

Steve, as he told us to call him, flew us back to the Avengers headquarters. Pietro protested at first, not trusting them in the slightest, but after Wanda threatened him he complied. We have just landed, Steve motioning for us to follow him. Entering the lab, I see Stark and Bruce, the Hulk, doing something with the cradle.

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve speaks up, notifying them of our presence. "Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." Stark replies, not even turning away from the computer.

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do?" Bruce questions, setting his clipboard on the counter. "She's not in your head?" He motions with a glare at Wanda.

"I know you're angry." Wanda calmly says.

"Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve says.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Stark yells. The three Avengers continue arguing with one another. A quick breeze and a flash of blue and the wires connected to the cradle are ripped off. Pietro stands in front of him, throwing the wires to the floor.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" The bang of a gun going off causes me to drop to the floor. The glass beneath Pietro breaks and he falls to the ground below. That sets everything into chaos. Bruce grabs Wanda and Steve and Tony attack one another. I stand frozen, not knowing what to do. Thor flies into the room and we make eye contact. His gaze shifts to the cradle and I understand his unspoken question. I will the electricity to flow out of my hands, directing it to hit the cradle. As I'm doing this, Thor controls lightning with his hammer, slamming it down onto the cradle. The fights around us die down, everyone silencing. An explosion of glass shoots from the cradle, a red and gold figure emitting from it. The figure lunges for Thor, who throws him out the glass wall. I grab Wanda's hand, rushing towards he living room, which is where the figure is. Pietro joins us, entwining our fingers together. The figure, who now has a blue cape, turns to face us.

"I'm sorry, that was odd. Thank you." He says, directing the last bit to Thor and I.

"Thor, Emery, you helped create this?" Steve asks. I shrug my shoulders, pointing at Thor.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and it's center is that." Thor says, pointing at the gem stone resting on Vision's forehead. "It's the mind stone, one of the six infinity stones. Stark is right. The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron."

"Not alone." Vision speaks up. Wanda looks at him, and I catch the light blush that coats her cheek.

"Are you on our side?" Steve question the android.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." Clint then informs us that Ultron, along with Natasha, is in Sokovia.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster Ultron made you to be..." Bruce trails off.

"What will you do? [he looks at them all realizing they will destroy him] I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Vision suddenly grabs Thor's hammer, handing it to him. The Avengers all look shocked, gaping at the reaction. Vision walks off, cape floating behind him. Thor gives a small smile, turning to follow the android.

"Three minutes." Steve tells us all, walking off to another part of the complex. Pietro, Wanda, and I are shown to a dressing room, dozens of uniforms and armory line he walls. I grab black running shows, black leggings, a blue tank top, and a black leather jacket, changing behind the curtain. I pull my hair into a ponytail, catching Pietro shirtless in the corner of my eye. He sees me staring and winks, my face quickly turning red. I hear him chuckle, moving to stand behind me. His arms wrap around my waist, pecking my cheek. I turn to look at him, pausing when I notice Wanda staring at Vision from the window. I let out a quiet laugh and Pietro follows my gaze. He glares, obviously not liking what's happening. He grabs a red leather jacket, tossing it at his sister's head. She snaps out of her daze, blushing madly when she realizes we caught her. She puts on the jacket and rushes out of the room. I sigh, turning to face Pietro.

"What's wrong?" He asks as I rest my hand on his cheek.

"Be careful please. I can't lose you, too." I say. He grabs my other hand, setting it on his other cheek.

"You won't. I promise." He leans down, lips brushing mine. My eyes flutter close, my body involuntarily leaning closer. We pull apart, our foreheads touching. I hear Steve yell for us. I kiss Pietro again, grabbing his hand and walking to the jet. Steve goes over the plan, but I can't focus. I know I should have faith, but I can't help it. I can't help feeling like something's going to go wrong.

Okay, how'd you like it? Thank you guys for over 200 reads, I am so grateful, it means a lot. I hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading!