Chapter 9

We arrive in Sokovia, my worry only increasing. The jet stops and we rush out to evacuate the citizens. Pietro runs to the police department while Wanda uses her powers to compel people to leave. I head to a different side of town, urging pedestrians to get somewhere safe. I continue searching for people, stopping when the ground begins to rumble. The rumbling quickly turns into shaking, the ground underneath my feet cracking. I rush to the nearest building, staying as close to it as I can. The air around me becomes thinner, colder, and I pray that what I'm thinking is not actually happening.

Some of Ultron's robots emerge from the split ground. I straighten up, shooting balls of electricity at them. They spazz and crumble apart, only for more to take their place. I repeat the action multiple times, pausing to take a breath when they've all been destroyed. Steve speaks through the comms, something about dying and walking it off.

I make my way back towards where we were dropped off, spotting Steve, Natasha, and Pietro already there. I run to Pietro, enveloping him in a hug. He lets out a breathy chuckle, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I say, stopping when I notice a bullet wound in his arm. He follows my gaze, laughing again. "Why are you laughing?"

"It was some cop, no big deal." He assures me, taking my face in his hands. "Em, I'm fine, nothing's wrong." He places a kiss on my lips before leading me towards the others. We stand and look at the view. A giant plane emerges from the clouds, a couple service hovercrafts connected to it. "So, this is shield."

"This is what shield's supposed to be." Steve replies. We begin helping people onto the hovercrafts. Tony calls us to the church and Pietro swoops me in his arms, carrying me over there. He sets me down next to Wanda, whom I tackle into a hug. She laughs, hugging me back. The rest of the team arrive, cuts and bruises litter their skin.

"What's the drill?" Natasha asks.

"This is the drill." Stark points to the vibranium core. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." Ultron then shows up.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor shouts. Ultron waves his hand, summoning hundreds of more robots. I gape at the sight. This is going to be one hell of a fight.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted, all of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?" Ultron asks, a smirk forming on his metallic face. Stark looks back at us all, knowing that we're all prepared to fight.

"Well, like the old man said, together." At that, battle breaks out. I stand next to Wanda, blasting electricity at every robot I can. I vaguely see Pietro running around, leaving behind a blue-grey mist. Vision suddenly pulls me outside, setting me down next to Stark and Thor. Ultron stands before us, a slight hint of fear in his eyes. At first I don't understand what's happening, but after Stark shoots his laser at Ultron, I realize the plan. I blast my electricity, it mixing with the energy of the others powers. Ultron falls to his knees and we stop.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight-" He begins, only to be cut off by Hulk throwing him away from us. I head back to Pietro and Wanda, seeing the robots have retreated for a little bit. I spot the two of them by the core and I rush to pull them into a hug.

"We gotta move out." Steve informs us. "Even I can tell the air's getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll search for stragglers."

"What about the core?" Clint asks, returning his bow back to its case.

"I'll protect it." Wanda speaks up. "It's my job." Steve, Clint, and Natasha leave for the boats, leaving the three of us. "Get the people to the boats." She tells Pietro and I.

"We're not going to leave you." I say, stepping closer.

"I can handle this." As if to prove her point, a robot suddenly appears, only to be destroyed by Wanda's power. "Come back when everyone is off, not before, you understand?" Pietro makes a sound of disproval, clearly not liking his sister's plan.

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you." Wanda chuckles, rolling her eyes.

"Go."

Kinda short, but I hope you liked it. Thanks for reading!