Chapter 5

Ultron took us back to Strucker's base, leading us to a part we haven't been to before. We entered a huge room, hundreds of robots flew around. Some of them were carrying pieces of metal, looking around, I realized they were building something.

"We'll move out right away. This is a start, but there's something we need to begin the real work." Ultron says, stepping further into the room. Wanda, Pietro, and I stop, watching the robots with amazement.

"All of these are..." I start, not being able to finish as I watch them work.

"Me. I have what the Avengers never will, harmony.They're discordant, disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other. And when you get inside the rest of their heads..." He looks at Wanda as he says his last sentence. Pietro scoffs, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Everyone's plan is not to kill them." He says, rolling his eyes once again. I nudge him, trying to get him to calm down.

"And make them martyrs? You need patience, need to see the big picture."

"I don't see the big picture. I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it every day." His face saddens, and I know where this is going.

"You lost your parents in the bombings. I've seen the records."

"The records are not the picture."

"Pietro." Wanda whispers, her eyes glistening with unsend tears. I grab her hand, and she briefly smiles at me.

"No, please." Ultron replies, his metallic face looking sincere.

"We were ten years old. Emery and her parents were over for dinner. The first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor. It's big. Our parents go in, and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab the two of the, roll under the bed, and the second shell hits. But, it doesn't go off. It just...sits there in the rubble, three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell is painted one word..."

"Stark." I spit out.

"We were trapped for two days. Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks I think "this will set it off." We wait two days for Tony Stark to kill us." A tear slides down my cheek, landing in the floor. Wanda squeezes my hand, and I know she's trying to comfort me.

"I wondered why only you three survived Strucker's experiments, now I don't. The three of us can hurt them," He says to Pietro and I "but you will tear them apart, from the inside."

Kind of a filler chapter, but the next one should be longer. Thanks for reading.