6. Sleepless Night

☆★  CHAPTER 6  ||  Liam  ☆★

The night was slowly fading and I've been awake through out the whole time. How could I possibly sleep after such an eventful evening? I've been tossing and turning for countless times tonight for two reasons:

First, It has been two years since I laid down on bed of mine resulting a sleepless night, I guess my body will take time to adjust to it back again.

Second, I hated myself for having so many reasons that'll never let me sleep tonight. I hated it when I had to lie and act all innocent in front of Nikita that I didn't know about the whole 'Jai weds Nikita' idea. Of course I bloody knew! All this was my idea in the first place!

I'm the one that set up this whole relationship by influencing my foster parents that Nikita was an amazing girl with great life values. She was a girl every whom every parent would want their son to get married to. Obviously, I would be the wedding planner myself to make sure this wedding takes place.

Another reason why I hate myself is because Nikita fell in love with me. She's my best friend since we were kids that used to run around putting cake frost on each other's faces. I'm probably the next thing to her journal because I can read her like an open book. I was with her on her most important life events. School, birthdays, running marathons and so much more.

Previously, I knew she only had one boyfriend in high school that didn't last long. His name was Jake Adams. Guess why she broke up with him? Because she was truly, madly, deeply in love with another person. Unfortunately, that person was me. I wished I could I have stopped her from falling in love with me because I know that there will be no happy ending to this relationship. If she knew why, she would be so hurt and I'm scared that she won't be able to take the pain of why I can never ever be with her.

No forces, not even love will bring us together. The most screwed up thing is that, I fell in love with her as well. Oh, how I wish I can turn back time! We can't take a step further even though we both feel the same for each other. She should never know why we can never be together because her tears would probably make my heart bleed.

I guess I'll have to forget my feelings for her and she should do the same as well. I want her to have the 'best' and the best isn't me. It has to be Jai. I'm not stupid though, I can clearly see along all these years the hatred they have for each other and yes, the hatred Jai has for me as well. But I believe that there is more then meets the eye and i'm determined to solve all these issues before its to late. I mean, look at us! We aren't kids anymore. That stage has passed long ago.

Whatever it is, i'm an emotionally strong person, the opposite of my non-biological brother. Jai isn't as emotionless as he looks like. I know somewhere, deep inside of him is a secret he is afraid to let out and I need to find it out!

For now, all I have to do is keep a stiff upper lip and bring to hearts together before it's too late. Game over.

My finger nails dug more and more into the covers of my bed as my head was swarmed with mixed-feeling thoughts.

I sat upright on my bed thinking of an antidote that'll make me doze off and fall asleep. I soon decided to go downstairs to the kitchen to grab a glass of milk that would quench my thirst and make me sleep well too. I passed my a mirror and realized I hadn't had a shirt on so I reached for my cupboard on put on a light blue round neck t-shirt. With that, I made my way downstairs.

As soon as I reached the kitchen, I spotted someone sitting at the counter. Beside him on the counter stood a carton of milk but no glass. He lifted up the carton, brought it to his mouth and gulped down the milk. Gross.