8. And The Romance Begins!

☆★  CHAPTER 8  ||  Nikita  ☆★

"Excuse me?" Interrupted a young petite office lady when Stella was practically going head over heels on hearing that I haven't said 'yes' to Jai about the so-called propasal yet. That's weird, I haven't really noticed her working here before. She had slit eyes and jet black hair. I observed her gestures and my gaze when down to her hands when I realised she was holding a bouquet of  red roses.

Her black coffee like eyes went down to the roses in her hands and back to my face. She smiles, making the corner of her eyes crinkle. "These are for you Nikita." Wow, she knows my name. Shocking. The more shocking thing about this was that the lovely blood red roses in her hands were for me.

"Me?" I asked in surprised. I wasn't sure if I should feel flattered that i'm being gifted roses, or if I should laugh because I never expected myself to receive flowers from anyone. Sure, I watch loads of movies including those cheesy bollywood movies every girl wished they were part of but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought to be receiving roses. Funny, I must say.

The young girl nodded and handed me over the bouquet of roses. I found myself smiling as I ran my fingers on the blood red petals of the roses which were still fresh and moist. I bet they were just bought this morning. But who would have bought me roses? I don't recall myself ever having an admirer.

"Oooooh. Nikita-has-an-admirer!" Stella sang, using her elbow to poke my ribs which were now lightly ticklish.

I decided to ignore Stella's remark and continue to look at the roses. Soon, I realised that I should snap out my thoughts and at least thank the girl who brought me the roses.

"Hey there, erm, thank you." I wanted to mention her name but just then I realised I don't know her name. "Who are these from?" I asked her, impatiently waiting for her to answer my question.

She shook her head from side to side indicating a 'I don't know'. Well that sucks, how can I not know who my secret admirer is?

Wait, I have a secret admirer.

Oh and stupid me, it's called a secret admirer because it's suppose to be a secret. Genius.

"Well, anyway thank you for bringing these to me." I gave here a warm smile hoping she would introduce herself to me because it's kinda weird that I haven't seen her here before.

"No problem. I'm Lisandra David by the way. You can call me Lisa for short." She extanded her right hand to meet with my right hand, grasped my hand firmly and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I'm Nikita Malhotra. Are you new here?"

"Of course I know who you are. You're the one getting married to Jai Acosta right?" She asked.

Oh great, so now I don't even have my own identity. I am known because i'm about to get married to some egoistic millionaire? Actually, scratch that. I haven't even said yes yet and people are already jumping to conlusions. How is this fair? Every women should stand up on her two feet and built her own identity.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." Said a little voice in my head. 

"Sorry?" said Lisa looking confused. I fudge, did she hear that? Did I say that out loud? Brilliantly done Nikita!

"Oh erm nothing, I asked if you were new here?"  I changed the topic, hoping she wouldn't talk about Jai and I again. Infact, I hope no one will dare to come up at me and talk about this topic.

"Oh yeah, It's my first day here." She grinned at me.

"Well, congrats! You'll love working here." Said Stella trying to give Lisa a little warm welcome to the Hot Shot team by giving her a handshake.