Cave

Cave // Chapter Five

"Chris, I really don't feel like going to a bar tonight," Dan sighed, but Chris had no plans on giving up.

"But you never leave your flat! This is like some kind of cave, what the fuck."

Dan rolled his eyes but chuckled a bit. He looked at Chris and then at his nails again, which he was currently painting black. "That's not true, I do leave my flat for work."

"Your workplace is literally right underneath the flat, though!" Chris smiled and came closer to Dan.

"Still. I don't wanna go."

Chris narrowed his eyes, standing right in front of his friend. "Oh, I know what this is about." He smirked and Dan raised an eyebrow, not keeping his eyes off his nails. He was almost done, he wouldn't ruin this now.

"So?"

"Someone's in love," Chris said, or rather sang, and placed both of his hands on his chest. He fluttered his eyelashes.

"What?" Dan laughed but blushed a bit.

"It's that Phil guy, isn't it?" Again Chris smirked, his hazel eyes staring right into Dan's.

"It's not that big of a deal," Dan said, even though he knew that, yes, it was a big deal. To him at least, he didn't know about Phil. What if all of this was just some stupid crush? "We just went out for coffee and dinner sometimes."

"Dan and Phil sitting in a tree: K I S-"

"Chris!" Dan exclaimed and started laughing as he softly slapped his friend's shoulder. "You're so annoying. And for your information, we haven't kissed yet."

"Yet! Ha! So you wanna kiss him!"

"What? Chris, I-"

"You're actually in love, oh my god."

"No, I'm not." Yes, he was.

"Why won't you just admit it, Danny-boy?"

Dan rolled his eyes. "Maybe because you're calling me 'Danny-boy'?"

Chris laughed and let himself fall onto the sofa next to Dan. "Fine. Then name another reason as to why you don't wanna go to the bar with me."

Dan sighed. "How about you name a reason as to why I should go to that bar?"

"Duh, it's almost the end of May, we gotta celebrate that!"

"What kind of reason is that?"

"At least I have a reason!" Chris laughed and Dan rolled his eyes.

"I just don't... feel like it."

"You don't feel like having attractive people dance for you while you're drunk as hell?"

"Exactly."

"Who are you and what did you do to Dan Howell?"