Chapter 2

"It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences." -Audre Lorde

October 23, 2013

"What about this one?" Toni asked holding up a red dress.

"No." Nina replied. Toni found a yellow dress and held it up. She scowled, "I would rather eat underwear and die."

"Okay well you find a dress then." Toni said giving up.

"I like this one." Nina says holding up an indigo colored dress.

"Nice, let's get it. We have to get a mani-pedi for tonight."

8 hours later...

"Toni girl you look gorgeous and this venue is amazing." Nina says as they hug each other. The dinner was at a ballroom in one of the the most expensive hotels in Georgia.
"Thank you and you look stunning but this is not what we picked out."

"I know but I can't express myself in some designer gown, but I still wore these high heels

"I know but I can't express myself in some designer gown, but I still wore these high heels. Which is the main reason why I can't walk."
They both laughed as someone tapped Toni's shoulder.

She turned around to see Fallon Prescott. This girl was thirsty and a borderline racist. Toni always felt like she was after Dylan.

"Toni! Hi, I love your dress it's so over the top and dramatic...just like your personality." She said.

"Fallon. Your dress is so...simple and plain. It suits you perfectly." Toni shot back with a fake smile.

"Excuse me Falcon. Shouldn't you be playing in traffic or something?" Nina asked.

"It's Fallon. I see you're still dressing like a low class lesbian. Anyway I'll see you around Toni and tell Dylan I said hi. Bye Nona." Fallon said before walking off.

Nina was about to go after her but Toni stopped her.

"I don't like that bitch." Nina growled.

"I know, but she's not worth ruining you perfectly good manicure over."

"Your right...but I will gladly take my stiletto off and beat her ass with it."

Toni chuckled as she escorted her over to the rest of the guest.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Dylan, how's the campaign going?" His godfather and Fallon's dad Bill Prescott asked.

"It's going okay I guess. I know I have the votes of all the minorities. Those are the ones that matter to me the most." Dylan said proudly.

"That's because you have a minority wife-"

"Who I love very much. Why do you always have to do that?"

"You should be with someone like Fallon. You two were so good together."